That Time of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
In February and March, Lowe's will be marking down their slow sellers and tools that will be replaced by newer models. If you are looking at something and want a discount, this is the time to keep your eyes open. Also, this happens in all departments in the store.

The key to knowing what is going and what is staying are the price labels. When the yellow label appears with clearance on it, the tool is on its way out. The price will fall steadily until the inventory is gone and if the tool stays around when its replacement appears on the shelves, the price really falls.

When the in-store inventory falls to one or two, the pricing category changes. (I once saw a Bosch 1617 router kit for $39.00.) You can make a deal with the department manager or the store manager if you want to. They have the authority to mark down the price to move the goods out the door. (I purchased a Delta 20-540 planer for $175.00, it was the display.) If something looks old, have someone check the computer for the quantity and pricing. Sometimes the pricing in the computer is much lower than what is marked.

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for the tip :thumbs_up Lowes entails a 45 mile journey for me but sometimes it pays off. A few years ago I acquired a floor model Delta 50-760 DC at an insanely low price and it did not require much haggling with the tool department manager. :wsmile:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Last night I saw a Porter Cable 371 compact belt sander for $62.50 @ Lowes... Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors