Thanx Fred ( furniture gloat )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
most of you have seen pics of this already but right before Christmas it found it's home :mrgreen:

The Shoppe Widow had been complaining for some time that her dresser was too small. Now old habits die hard so I had been perusing various furniture stores and what-not looking for a good deal on a nice dresser. Then it hit me ......why not keep my money " in the family " and get an heirloom quality piece of furniture to boot ? :eusa_thin Enter FredP who happily accepted the commission. We went through the dollar-a-board-foot walnut I got from Charlie, and Fred subsequently accepted or rejected each board as it came to the top ....it never ceases to amaze me how he and others on this forum can look at a rough board and judge it's quality for building :eek:
Now I was in no rush and made sure he understood that so he actually took 3 days to build it instead of his usual 2 :rotflm: ....just kidding bro :cool: :gar-Bi
It is still amazing how quickly he got this done considering it was a " side " project
We brought it home on Christmas Eve and let me tell you ....this thing is stout !! :swoon: We had to take the drawers out to move and even then it was a handful for 2 people !

So here it is in all it's radiant splendor :banana:

IMG_23273.jpg

View image in gallery

Thanx Fred ....U Da Man, man !

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Now that's really nice! I like the raised panels on the sides--a true heirloom piece.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
:saw:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
twas a pleasure bro!:gar-Bi thanks for the pics too. as you know the pics I shot didnt turn out. apparently the owner of the camera in question had changed lenses previously and didnt tighten the lense properly.:wrolleyes: [not me] I am lucky the lens didnt fall off and break cause then it would have been my fault!:wconfused: [somehow]:rotflm:

JohnW

New User
John
Robert, Good call on commissioning this piece. It looks fabulous...the wood, grain and workmanship are better than anything you could buy in a store.

Thanks for posting and good work Fred. Ya done real good.:icon_thum

John W

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Three days! It takes me longer than that to find my dovetail jig. Amazing how fast you can work when you know what you're doing. Great job Fred.

Ernie

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
ak-choo-ly that one was 6-7 days. it was an on again off again project. hey, he said no rush!:rotflm:

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
ak-choo-ly that one was 6-7 days. it was an on again off again project. hey, he said no rush!:rotflm:
Aw well - that's different. I could have found my dovetail jig and the manual if I had 7 days.:gar-Bi

Ernie

T

toolferone

You know that piece will out last a store bought one by a factor of at least 1000.
Good on both of you.

Nice piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS