Thanx Bobby G

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Last year Bobby G posted about a youth project he was involved in that consisted of building bluebird houses. I asked if I could have a copy of the plans as youth-project plans ( simple ) are right at my skill level :p A little time went by and we both forgot about it but lo and behold one day a package arrives at my house and inside is a completed bluebird house :eek: I wrote down the dimensions and put it away for spring. I put that thing up 2 weeks ago and within a week had a pair sniffing around it ! :swoon: I am happy to say they began moving in this week :D We've left some yarn out in the yard and they are using it on their nest :eusa_danc
So meet Arthur ( Guinevere is inside )

bluebird2013.jpg

View image in gallery

The house is right off the back deck where we can watch and the two are not intimidated by us at all :icon_thum

The Shoppe Widow and I are very excited about these guys and I just wanted to share Bobby G's generosity and give him a big ol' THANK YOU !!

The people on this sight have changed my life in so many ways over the years and I am truly grateful to be here :notworthy:

thanks for lookin :D

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
I LOVE IT. I have been wanting to do some simple shop jobs and a blue bird house is tops on that list. Love watching them. How about publishing the dimensions and perhaps a simple drawing or two for the rest of us bird lovers here on the net. :)

Duane

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Cool stuff!!!! We had three nests last year in the house in our front yard. Two birds were building the first nest of the year last week. Go to W-mart or your local pet store and buy some live or dried meal worms and put a few out for them. They love them, and when the babies hatch, they're an easy feed for mom and dad to give them.

Nice house!!

Tom

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I need to build a few for our yard. Does anybody have a PDF or JPG drawing to send or post here?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I keep about 4-5 built in my shop most of the time. I use the cut-offs from my other projects. Cypress makes a good box and I find they like them just as good built from rough lumber as planed. We have about 8 boxes on our place and, thankfully, lots of bluebirds.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Good looking birds and great looking home, but looks cold there - it sure is cold here, snow tonight our weather is headed your way bro.

BrianBDH

New User
Brian
One thing that I would add to the design is a sheet metal plate around the hole to keep the squirrels from chewing it up. You can make one from a flattened can and some snips. I don't know what it is about those satanic tree-rats, but they chewed up my birdhouse trying to get in until I added a plate.

Brian

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As Brian said watch out for tree rats (squirrels). After the breeding season (mid summer) remove the nest and clean the inside with mild soap and water. Nest left too long attract flying squirrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS