Thanks to Russ Denz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Russ read about the Outreach program and wanted to help. He read about our desire to train Vets and was especially interested in our efforts to develop a method to help wheelchair bound Vets including those that are limited to the use of one arm. We want to train them to use a lathe and Russ knew someone that could help. Russ made the initial calls and peaked the interest of a friend in Washington state. Don Derry then called me and after a some brain-storming we agreed he would design and build a special tool rest for use on our Nova lathes.

It arrived today nicely made and I cannot wait to try it

here is the Don Derry NCWW custom tool rest
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0203 2.jpg

Russ is moving to Arizona tomorrow and I wish him safe travels and again thank him for his support

I need to mention, this special tool rest came to us at no charge. We are blessed to have so many good members and good friends that always willing to do the right thing. Thanks

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Phil, this is great, I am confident that this contribution will prove to be very helpful!

Donn

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Outstanding! Thanks Russ & Don!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The world is full of GOOD people. NCWW members and their friends are GREAT people.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Phil, as usual from my experience, is underplaying his own role in this. The reality is that it pretty much got dumped on him to pick up the ball, the same ball that I fumbled on the 50 yard line...and HE SCORED!! Congratulations to Phil on this, as well as to Don Derry.

In addition to being a highly-accomplished woodturner, Don is equally adept (and creative) in making high-quality woodturning tools, which is how I got to know him in the first place. Hoping all our turners check out Derry Tools online, although drumming up business was not his motivation for doing this.

AND, escrow got delayed so we're not leaving until after Thanksgiving. Thanks again, Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS