Thanks for the welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me to NC woodworker. I am trying to find my way around here. I am new to woodworking, but I am enjoying it so far. I have only built a few things so far. It seems that I can't make enough time for everything. I am trying to figure out how to post pictures of some of my projects.
This is my first project. Has anyone else made one of these?

100_2061.JPG
100_2061.JPG

This is my first furniture project. Its a nightstand I built for my daughter. I still haven't put the pull on the drawer

100_2058.JPG
100_2058.JPG

This is my first attempt at a wall cabinet. I made it for my laundry room. It's over a sink so I only made it 8" deep. These are my first raised panel doors as well.

100_2056.JPG
100_2056.JPG

I had been wanting to build a router table for quite some time. I made this one from some leftover plywood and 2x4s that I had lying around. I wanted to see what worked and what didn't, before I spent a lot of money building a nice one. It works quite well, but there are plenty of change I will make on the next one.

100_2060.JPG
100_2060.JPG

I have really enjoyed this site so far. I'm sure I will find it very helpful when I learn my way around. I know there sure are alot of fine folks on here. Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I know I will learn alot from you guys.

Thanks again,

TracyB

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome again Tracy, it is great to have you here. Thanks for posting the pictures, I would say you have made a good start in woodworking, and picture posting:gar-La;. If I can help, let me know.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Those are some impressive projects Tracy! :eek: Looks like you've picked it up VERY well to me. Can't wait to see some more of your work. :icon_thum

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Nice job on the WWing AND Picture posting, Tracy!
Looks like you been at this WWing thing longer than you led us to believe???
Keep up the great work.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome!

You're making me look very unproductive...atleast one of us is making sawdust!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Raised panel doors, I haven't tried that yet. But I will and I'll look to you for some advice.
Welcome again, it's great to have you with us. I look forward to your input in the forums.
I see you got the picture posting figured out...must have been the great tutorial :cool::cool:

See you around!!

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I see you got the picture posting figured out...must have been the great tutorial :cool::cool:

See you around!!

Dave:)

Or it could be his name:swoon::swoon:, most Tracy's are highly, oh well never mind, we won't go there:rotflm::nah:.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Everyone,

100_2061.JPG
100_2061.JPG

I have an entire set like that. With contrasting wood species (Red Oak and Southern Yellow Pine :) )

Thanks for posting some great pictures. Night stand, raised panels and a shop made router table - I'd say you're a few steps beyond "beginner". Then again, if Michelangelo had been a woodworker, he would have described himself as "halfway competent on a lucky day" :cool:

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me to NC woodworker. I am trying to find my way around here. I am new to woodworking, but I am enjoying it so far. I have only built a few things so far. It seems that I can't make enough time for everything. I am trying to figure out how to post pictures of some of my projects.

100_2061.JPG
100_2061.JPG

I've gotten Pretty good at making piles like this:gar-La;
I know how you feel about having no time, I have had very little time in the shop the last few months. Your projects look good Tracy

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I have made some piles but nothing that nice, its good form a nice mix in it and great color :gar-La;

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Nice job on the WWing AND Picture posting, Tracy!
Looks like you been at this WWing thing longer than you led us to believe???
Keep up the great work.

Hey Randy,
Thanks for the compliment. I have been trying this WWing thing for about 3 years now. And its taken me that long to complete these projects. The only other things I have made are a couple jigs and a picture frame. I actually got interested in it about 5 years ago, but had no tools and no building to put them in. I started collecting tools then. A router, and a few hand tools. I couldn't afford to build a building so I bought an old mobile home, gutted it out and thats what I'm using for my shop. My girlfriend calls it my "woodshack". I got my table saw in 05 and my jointer in 06. I have gained most of my knowledge so far from watching Norm and reading WWing mags.
I look forward to learning alot from you guys.
Thanks ,
Tracy

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Raised panel doors, I haven't tried that yet. But I will and I'll look to you for some advice.
Welcome again, it's great to have you with us. I look forward to your input in the forums.
I see you got the picture posting figured out...must have been the great tutorial :bcool::bcool:

See you around!!

Dave:smile:

Thanks Dave,
Yeah I finally figured out the pic posting thing. IT took a while, but with the help of the tutorial (by that brilliant author) I got it. I would have never figured it out if it wasn't for that. As for the raised panel doors, they were very easy. I bought the Freud bit set, came with detailed instructions and a video. Although that big panel raising bit hurling at 12,000 rpms is kinda scary. The biggest problem I had was with the concealed hinges. I knew nothing about them, I just bought a set. Little did I know they all are not equal. I couldn't get the overlay right. Doors were too far over on hinge side and a gap in the other side. Thought I had really screwed up until I learned they make diferent hinges for different overlays.

Thanks for the help,
TracyB

TracyB

New User
Tracy
I have an entire set like that. With contrasting wood species (Red Oak and Southern Yellow Pine :) )

[/font]Thanks for posting some great pictures. Night stand, raised panels and a shop made router table - I'd say you're a few steps beyond "beginner". Then again, if Michelangelo had been a woodworker, he would have described himself as "halfway competent on a lucky day" :cool:

Thanks Bas,
IF you would have seen all the mistakes I made when I made these projects, you would have said "wow, what a dummy". I know I said it several times. I'm learning though. The only joinery I know is with that little handy dandy Kreg pocket hole jig I bought at Klingspor. I've never done mortise and tenon or cut a dado or dovetail or anything like that. I've only done pocket holes and butt joints with plenty of glue and brads and wood putty to fill the nail holes.
You're right about the sawdust pile. Its all red oak and yellow pine. Thats the only species i have worked with so far.
I'm so glad I found this website. I'm reallt interested in WWing but can't make as much time for it as I want to. Right now I have plenty of time but I can't do anything. I am recovering from spine surgery and out of work. I can't do anything much yet besides watch Tv and surf the web. Time sure does get away when I'm on here talkin' bout WWing.

Thanks for the welcome and the help,

TracyB

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Welcome again Tracy, it is great to have you here. Thanks for posting the pictures, I would say you have made a good start in woodworking, and picture posting:gar-La;. If I can help, let me know.

Thanks TracyP,
ITs nice to meet you there Tracy. I don't think there are many of us guy Tracys around. I have only met 2 others in my life. ITs nice to meet another one.
Yeah I would have never figured out the pic posting if it wasn't for that "brilliant author" that skillfully engineered that terrific tutorial.

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments,

TracyB

RandyJ

New User
Randy
I am recovering from spine surgery and out of work. I can't do anything much yet besides watch Tv and surf the web. Time sure does get away when I'm on here talkin' bout WWing.
TracyB

Sorry to hear about the surgery, Tracy. I hope your recovery is SWIFT AND COMPLETE!!

Robert Brunke'

New User
Robert
Tracy,
Welcome!
You can now add cope and stick joint and tongue and groove joint to your tool box; with the raised panel door project. Your pocket hole joinery is a very sturdy joint for many projects. Keep up the good work.
Don't rush the healing process, use the time off to educate yourself, the web is a powerful tool. Even if you are just learning more woodworking techniques!
Regards,
Robert

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Tracy. Sorry I'm missed your intro day, but I figure it's not too late to say: "Welcome to NCWWer" :icon_thum

Roger

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome! I'm a scroller (and not a particularly productive one at that) so it would take me years to make a pile like that :wsmile: Glad you joined us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS