Thanks for a great site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydnc

New User
lloyd
Hello, thanks for a great website dedicated to NC Woodworkers. I am very interested in hand tools as I have developed allergies to wood dust over the past year.

I hope to sell my Delta Power Tools and add to my collection of hand tools and my skills in using them.

Lloyd

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. I believe we have a few people here that love hand tools as well. I look forward to your input on this site!

Most all of us here have a disease here called Woodguy Disease. It is a disease that causes uncontrollable powerful urges to purchase tools of all kinds.

Just a word of warning to you. You may want to be a bit careful about saying stuff like... "Selling power tools". You may get attacked!!

R

rickc

lloydnc said:
I hope to sell my Delta Power Tools and add to my collection of hand tools and my skills in using them.

Welcome to the site! I am sure the vultures, er I mean other members will be more than willing to help you dispose of your power tools, and enable you to focus on handtools. Just remember to keep your shop doors locked!! :lol:

And it DOES look like I will be in Asheville over the Christmas holiday.... :roll:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Welcome Llyod. While I may be the first carrier of the "Woodguy Disease" I do love my handtools. LN planes are as addictive as anything in this hobby. Once you have one, you want the whole collection. Hahahahahaha, you guys thought the disease was only for power tools. Just wait, the hand tool urges will begin shortly. :D

John

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome, glad to have you here.

Forget about Woodguy disease, some of us are immune. Just ignore my post about asking for advice on buying a lathe. Just becuase, I am giving serious thought to buying a $4000 lathe and have never turned a thing before in my life. doesn't mean a thing:saw:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Lloyd,

Welcome to the site. I think I may have already posted a copy of your tool sale here if you ran an ad in the Iwanna. I'm sure everyone will appreciate more details and pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your allergies but hopefully the hand tool approach will allow you to continue a wonderful hobby.

woodguy1975

New User
John
SteveColes said:
Just becuase, I am giving serious thought to buying a $4000 lathe and have never turned a thing before in my life. doesn't mean a thing:saw:

Alright Steve. Order that Oneway, you'll never regret it. :jealous::jealous:

Llyod, denial is one of the first stages of "Woodguy Disease".

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
woodguy1975 said:
Alright Steve. Order that Oneway, you'll never regret it. :jealous::jealous:

Llyod, denial is one of the first stages of "Woodguy Disease".

No, i was thinking of the PM with the 24" swing, but now that you mention it, I'm pretty close to the Oneway price range:eusa_thin :eusa_thin :eusa_thin :slap: :BangHead: :eyeslam:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Lloyd, welcome to the site. As you can see there is a wide collection of friendly folks here from across the state. I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to reading your posts.

D L

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Welcome Lloyd. Good luck on your transition to hand tools. I've always been such a klutz with my hands that MORE POWER was always the way to go. However, I'm gradually starting to venture into that area myself. Although I am about to decide that hand tools are just as expensive (and as addictive) as power tools.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Lloyd,

Share the hand tool knowledge you're acquiring with us. Hope this new approach works for you healthwise :icon_thum

Sapwood

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Lloyd. :lol: It's always good to see another woodworker from this part of the state join the forum. I'm in nearby Hendersonville and Steve_D is from Horse Shoe, also close by. Sorry to hear about your allergies (dust can be real nasty and several woods can be toxic) and hope you'll stick with it with hand tools. We'd all love to see any projects you've completed, so be sure to ask for a gallery if you've got pictures to post.

And, to close, I hope you escaped this nasty ice storm -- we lost power before Noon on Thursday and just got it back early this afternoon (more than 96 hours without access to my shop!). I put up some pics from out neighborhood in my gallery. Anyhow, welcome and safe WW'ing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS