Thanks for a great site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Just wanted to say "hello" and thank you for a great site. I'm excited to be part of the community.
I have varied woodworking interests and often find too many half completed projects in the barn. (along with too much saw dust although I just permanently installed my dust collector to try and alleviate that problem.)
Thanks all,
Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hello, Jim and welcome. I'm glad that you are part of our community. I would love to see some pictures of your work...even if half completed. I look forward to your input in the forums and hope to see you around often. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. I can honestly say I dont' have any half finished projects. The LOML only lays one rule on me, and boy she sticks to it hard. Finish one project before you start another. I look forward to seeing your input on the boards. I think you'll find this a nice laid back kind of place.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Jim, welcome we glad your here.

Feel free to post all of your half finished projects and your sawdust:lol:

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome - to another, shall we say, slow finisher?! DH and I discussed this same problem that I have just this a.m. Welcome to the group, glad to have you aboard! I'm sure you'll find this to be a friendly site. Please post pictures when you get a chance.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome aboard Jim!

Met some of your neighbors (Tarhead and Mustang Mike) last Saturday. Nice folks!

Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Howdy Jim, I am glad you could join us. Like you, I seem to have a bunch of unfinished projects myself. I look forward to seeing some of your work and reading your posts in the forums. Feel free to jump in anywhere and add in your thoughts and comments.

D L

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Jim! We think you'll enjoy the wit and wisdom shared here and don't feel down 'cause you've got a few unfinished projects -- just think of them as "works in progress"! But we won't believe you until you post some pics of your shop and those "objets d'art". Be sure to request a Photo Gallery by selecting that option under the "Other Links" option on the Main Menu Bar.

Rob

fivestring

New User
Gary
Welcome, Jim!

I believe you are the only person that has several unfinished projects at one time :roll: :eusa_liar

:-D

Handturnedbowls

New User
James Holland
Hi Jim,
Take comfort...I have at least a DOZEN unfinished projects taking precious shelf space!!

As woodturner that collects his own green wood locally, many times I will rough out a bowl and stash it on the shelf to let it season naturally. This greatly reduces the chance of the wood cracking and splitting, ruining the piece. I have roughed out bowls scattered on various shelfs all over my shop, and some even in my house. The wife really loves that practice!:eusa_clap

This is a great place to be if you love the wood. Lots of info related to the art, and one of the best places you can ask questions. There are many varieties of experience mixed in amongst us. And theyre all great people too.

Have fun and let the chips fly.

cad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors