Thanks Everyone for a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Everyone
First of all, I would like to thank Bill for hosting the Intarsia Class at his shop.
I was a little skeptical at first when he offered his shop, but after walking in and seeing the size, all of the different work areas available for everyone to work at, good lighting and a restroom ( my wife liked this) I immediately was put at ease. Bill was the perfect host during the entire class. Thanks Bill for a great experience.
Second, I would like the thank the folks that took the class and hope everyone got to learn a few things about Intarsia that is sometimes hard to understand unless you actually do it, and see why I am so passionate about this type of art.
I have spent the better part of 20 years developing different tricks and techniques to perfect this art and appreciate the opportunity to share some of my knowledge with such a fine group of woodworkers. Thanks to everyone for a great day.
I also know the rule of --No Pictures , didn't happen so here are some photos of the class.
IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0831.JPG IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG IMG_0850.JPG IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0869.JPG

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Nice shop full of busy beavers very cool pics

Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like I missed out on a great program. Thanks Mike for all your efforts.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Well gosh Scott, it looks like we both were in the wrong place this weekend.....but we sure did have fun. Hoping there will be another workshop in the future Mike, and Scott and I promise not to run off to a woodworking show hundreds of miles away. But the Scroll Saw Open House in Paradise------Paradise, PA was just too tempting to pass up.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What an awesome shop and a cast of characters to match. Now the participants have gotten their feet wet so WIP pics must follow. :eusa_clap

Kudos to Mike and Bill for staging the whole expedition.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I finished fitting the pieces last night and began dressing each one. I'm about half way there! I'll post a pic of the finished product later this week or on the weekend.

BTW...for anyone that didn't already see it, I worked one some special pricing from Mike for his kits; the butterfly and hummingbird anyway. Check in the forum for "Found for Sale/Hot Deals" for my post. Mike agreed to $30 per kit with shipping included. So far I think I have around 28 kits requested! Don't miss this great opportunity to get one of Mike's kits. He does an outstanding job of preping the materials and packaging them. The instructions are great to follow also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS