Tentative Request for help moving tools to Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Hello Everyone. We put our house on the market today! Our goal is to move to the other side of Raleigh (We live in Wakefield Plantation near Wake Forest). I have a one-car garage shop,but I need to move the bulk of my tools to storage. I hope to leave my Table Saw, Lathe and Dust Collection in the garage and move most everything else. Be warned: I am known for packing a lot of stuff in a small space. Those of you that attended the first shop crawl might remember. :D

I plan on renting a truck with a lift-gate, and a storage unit at a nearby Public Storage. Is anyone available to help me next weekend? I am starting here to see if this plan will work. If yes, then I will rent the truck. Thanks for reading.

Doug

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I suggest Saturday morning, before it gets too hot

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry to miss this. I have a marking gauge workshop on the same day

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I will try to make it, but it depends if our closing gets rescheduled. Hope to know for sure by Wednesday.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Thanks! I have rented the storage unit. I will get a truck lined up tomorrow and confirm a time. Morning
sounds good to me.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I rented a truck with a lift gate. I pick it up Friday at 4 and have to return it by 1 on Saturday. So I may start moving stuff late Friday. I can get into the storage unit up to 9 PM. I have started moving small stuff already so I have the bandsaw, scroll saw, belt sander, Festool table unit (on wheels) drill press and cart, and work bench (disassembled) to move.

Doug

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Really wish I could come and help, just moved my shop from one house to another and it is quite the chore. Tools weren't that bad to move but all the lumber was a pain. I'm pretty sure my physical therapist would kick my butt if I spent a Saturday morning on my feet moving stuff again. Hope it goes well for you!

toolman

Administrator
Chad
Doug, Sorry but I have a gun show in Kinston that the wife and me are working. Maybe when you move into your new home I can help, Please PM me when you are moving to the new home!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry but I now have to be in Clayton for a funeral on Saturday morning. Trust me I would much prefer helping you with the move. Maybe I can help with the next phase.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Doug, I just saw this thread but I had commitments both days last weekend, so could not have helped.

Let me know if you still need help going forward.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS