Tenative Demo Schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Table space?

Will there be tables and enough table space to set out samples of work, photos, etc. associated with the demo during and also between demos?

Alan we will have two torsion box assembly tables in the trailer, both are approx 30 x 60 and 36 tall. The saw has its own stand. I will be bringing a folding table about 3 x 5

For my demo I will need one bench for a 9' long canoe mold, the other bench will be used for the router tables and a fiberglassing demo and the display table will be for books, resource list, seats and gunwale examples. All of this will be cleared off immediately after the demo.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
There are always 60" folding tables for our use. And I think Dennis is also bringing his "portable" workbench.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
View attachment EX12 Demo.pdf

Here is our demo schedule for the Extravaganza! I am excited to have all of you NCWWR's at our event. Looks like it will be better than ever!
Remember, there are tons of other demo's going on in booths not located on this poster. Way too much to list here :icon_thum

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
[FONT=&amp]CHESSSPY & FLOOTSIE
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
~Alan Dewey & Milissa Ellison~

VICTORIAN PRODUCTION TURNING
27 October 2012
11:00-12:00[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]From 1700 to roughly 1950, turning was a production craft, not a hobby. American & European turning shops made hundreds of household articles: perfume bottle holders, musical instruments, shaving brushes, doorknobs & drawer pulls, toys, candelabras…the list goes on![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]They did this with simple lathes, handmade tools and a very small skill set.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]NCWW members Alan Dewey, a master turner, and Milissa Ellison, a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year apprentice, demo applications of these Victorian skills: design, solid form ("spindle") turning, hollow form turning, lid fitting, interior & exterior threading, hand-applied decoration such as captured rings, and replication.

TURNING MINIATURES
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]27 October 2012
3:00-4:00[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Turned miniatures look complicated but they really are not.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]NCWW members Alan Dewey, a master turner, and Milissa Ellison, a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year apprentice, teach you the tricks of the trade by making a full chess set that fits inside a glass necklace locket.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A TURNED REPLICA OF AN ANTIQUE PARISIAN NEEDLECASE IN MULTIMEDIA[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
27 October 2012
12:00-3:00
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]NCWW members Alan Dewey, a master turner, and Milissa Ellison, a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year apprentice, along with students from their Learn to Turn Beginner’s Class show how to use simple tools and inexpensive lathes to make a replica of an antique French needlecase in bone and ebony.

None of the students has ever made one of these before, so this is a live class!

The class is held "on the sidelines" from 12 noon to 3 p.m.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit this as you will. The times are fine with us, and we are lining up the students.

If you want us to have audience volunteers for either of the demos, let us know. They would need to sign a waiver but otherwise it's fine.

I am putting an updated posting on the CHESSSPY website: if you want me to promote the whole NCWW schedule, let me know and I will.

Talking while working is not a problem. [/FONT]:D

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Alan we will have two torsion box assembly tables in the trailer, both are approx 30 x 60 and 36 tall. The saw has its own stand. I will be bringing a folding table about 3 x 5

For my demo I will need one bench for a 9' long canoe mold, the other bench will be used for the router tables and a fiberglassing demo and the display table will be for books, resource list, seats and gunwale examples. All of this will be cleared off immediately after the demo.

Sounds good.

Ideally I would like to have a table where I can leave the I-BOX, it's box, and a bunch of sample joints so folks can look at and handle them without disturbing the current demo. Maybe also have the TS right there ready to go when it's time for my demo if videocam can easily be repositioned. I guess I need to wait and see how much room we have and how everything will be set up.

Nametags?

Unless there is another plan in the works, I will wear my NCWW name badge leftover from a previous picnic but will add something to the bottom that identifies my demo.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
I want my user name changed from memsahib to Flootsie, by the way. Can this be arranged?

Also we can be there Friday, it turns out (yay! I am temporarily unemployed, which is fabulous!).

So we may come just to watch, or if you need help we can do it, whether you need emergency demos or just hired muscle.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
On the name change, please post in help desk .
I want my user name changed from memsahib to Flootsie, by the way. Can this be arranged?

Also we can be there Friday, it turns out (yay! I am temporarily unemployed, which is fabulous!).

So we may come just to watch, or if you need help we can do it, whether you need emergency demos or just hired muscle.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Sorry about the employment situation. You are more then welcome to come and join in on Friday. Love to have you there.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
Sorry about the employment situation. You are more then welcome to come and join in on Friday. Love to have you there.

And I am looking forward to seeing you again!

The employment situation is just fine, incidentally. Meanwhile, I am off next Friday, quite unexpectedly. :D

~M.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's why I bring the interlocking foam mats to stand on too! :icon_thum

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have been diligently trying to keep my current work project on track to be away on Friday. There are some critical phases that must be completed and started this coming week.
In a worse case scenario, I won't be able to make the show at all.
In a second worst case scenario, I can come Saturday.
In a third worst case scenario I can come after lunch on Friday.
As a contingency to any of these I plan to bring to the BOD meeting tomorrow all the AV equipment, calendars, business cards, etc. that I have so that they will be at the show if I don't make it.
Hope to see you all Friday Morning......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS