10-11 Mike Davis - Plane Sharpening
11-12 Chessspy memshaib Victorian Turning skils
12-13 alan - I- Box Demo
13-14 sawman101 Fretwork clock
15 - 16 Chessspy memshaib Minatures

In the background on their own schedule as the demonstrators desire
Mike Davis knife blade sharpening at $1 /blade as donation to NCWWI
Chessspy memshab - Needlecase.

Please review the schedule and be sure you can do the times i have you down for/ Please excuse the fact that the schedule for one person is not back to back. Please understand we are trying to come across as a general ww skills resource, bot just only one or two areas of specialization. Because people tend to come froa time frame, we want then see different demos during the period they are around.
If you have some scheduling chnages that you need to make or suggestion please post them in this thread.

Also, in this thread, please do the following for your Demos. Provide your name as you would want to be in print, ie NOT usernames, but reals name. The title of your demo and a short description of your demo. This will then go to Coleman for his purposes and we will have signs made for our schedule that we will have in front of our booth and perhaps to place around where they will be noticed.

please think of your demo as a presentation to an audience. That means you must speak while you are working. If you can't then get an assistant to speak for you. Each Demo will be recorded in video and sound, I hope. Also, every demo will be introduced by a board member s]who is not involved in the demo. I will provide a short fill in the blanks script to do that. The purpose is to take advantage of the situation to say something about NCWW and provide a very short formal introduction to the demo.

Please get all this asap.

Thanks

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike Davis
Hand Plane Sharpening.

Sharpening hand planes by hand without jigs or machines. Will start with a cambered blade and if there is time will also sharpen a straight blade.

Mike Davis/NCWW donation
Bring your dull kitchen knife, pocket knife or other small blade to be sharpened for a $1 per blade donation to NCWW.

Is that what you need, Steve?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Mike Davis
Hand Plane Sharpening.

Sharpening hand planes by hand without jigs or machines. Will start with a cambered blade and if there is time will also sharpen a straight blade.

Mike Davis/NCWW donation
Bring your dull kitchen knife, pocket knife or other small blade to be sharpened for a $1 per blade donation to NCWW.

Is that what you need, Steve?
:rotflm:

That's it. nice. I'm ggoing to bring a lot of kitchen knives. We'll make a fortune on just me.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
My response is in blue - Duke blue

Friday 10/26/2012
9 - 10 MikeCSmith - Puzzle building
10 -12 Phil Soper - Strip Built Canoe with Ken of Cary as his able assistant(the Makita girls were busy). I will need the Outreach work table, table saw, both router tables, and power to run all plus a small air compressor that I will provide
12-1 Scott M - Scrollsaw "Round Bow"?
1-2 Alan - I-Box Demo
2-3 sawman101 - Fret work Clock
3-4 Alan I- Box Demo
4-5 Dennis - Penturning ??
5-6 Mike C Smith Puzzle making

Sat 10/27/2012
9:15 -10:00 Bobby G - Panel Glue Up
11-12 Chessspy memshaib Victorian Turning skils
12-13 alan - I- Box Demo
13-14 sawman101 Fretwork clock
15 - 16 Chessspy memshaib Minatures

In the background on their own schedule as the demonstrators desire
Mike Davis knife blade sharpening at $1 /blade as donation to NCWWI
Chessspy memshab - Needlecase.

Please review the schedule and be sure you can do the times i have you down for/ Please excuse the fact that the schedule for one person is not back to back. Please understand we are trying to come across as a general ww skills resource, bot just only one or two areas of specialization. Because people tend to come froa time frame, we want then see different demos during the period they are around.
If you have some scheduling chnages that you need to make or suggestion please post them in this thread.

Also, in this thread, please do the following for your Demos. Provide your name as you would want to be in print, ie NOT usernames, but reals name. The title of your demo and a short description of your demo. This will then go to Coleman for his purposes and we will have signs made for our schedule that we will have in front of our booth and perhaps to place around where they will be noticed. Are we sending a blurb about the NCWW Outreach program to Coleman for inclusion to his blog?

please think of your demo as a presentation to an audience. Will we have a wireless lapel mic and small sound system? Depending on what is happening around us that may be required. I would hate to need it and not have it ready. That means you must speak while you are working. If you can't then get an assistant to speak for you. Each Demo will be recorded in video and sound, I hope. Also, every demo will be introduced by a board member s]who is not involved in the demo. I will provide a short fill in the blanks script to do that. The purpose is to take advantage of the situation to say something about NCWW and provide a very short formal introduction to the demo.

Once again, I surely hope all these demos will be with the Outreach equipment

Please get all this asap.

Thanks

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Steve,

The schedule looks fine to me.

I have the same question as Phil about the wireless mic. I have a cheap Radio Shack wireless mic, but the lapel mic itself is really cheap and non-directional. The receiver requires and amp. I will dig it out and see what I can rig up and let you know how it works, but I don't expect much.

Here is a description of my demo. I provided it to Coleman who has already posted it to the blog though he used a different title (Revolutionary New INCRA I-BOX Demo)

Box Joints and the INCRA I-BOX.

Alan Schaffter will discuss box joints, box joint jigs, and demonstrate the capabilities of the revolutionary new INCRA I-BOX, jig for box joints.

He will show samples of good and bad fitting joints and explain why some fit properly, why some don't, and why it can sometimes be maddeningly difficult to successfully make this seemingly simple joint.

Alan developed and licensed the initial I-BOX design to INCRA and helped them develop the retail version. He will explain its theory of operation and use it to make a number of joints that will illustrate how easy it is to make perfect joints with few if any test cuts. He will also demonstrate the advanced features of the I-BOX which allow it to easily and simply make dentil molding and a number decorative variations of the box joint, not possible with other jigs. The demonstration will be done with a dado blade on a tablesaw, but the I-BOX is equally at home on a router table.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Are we sending a blurb about the NCWW Outreach program to Coleman for inclusion to his blog?
I'm not. I am up to my ### in alligators. We should do it but someone else needs to write it.

Will we have a wireless lapel mic and small sound system? Depending on what is happening around us that may be required. I would hate to need it and not have it ready.
Dennis has said he has it as part of equipment,

Once again, I surely hope all these demos will be with the Outreach equipment
As far I know there is only one exception. Chessspy & memshab, will be bring there own lathes and turning tools. Part of their thing is to make a point about how you can turn on cheap equipment or home made tools.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Steve,
The time slot works fine for me.
bobby g

Bob Gabor
Panel Glue-ups... get good results every time!

Are you totally confident with your panel glue-up technique? Are your results consistent? There's a fairly simple approach that you ought to know about that will allow you to answer YES to these questions. Properly prepared stock, fresh glue, cauls and lots of clamps are all that it takes. Bob will share the technique that he learned many years ago, and uses regularly in his work, as he completes a 3 board glue-up.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I am doing Scroll saw bowls. I will handle the write-up of bio's for all our demonstrators. For all who plan to do a demo please send me a couple on-liners about you self and your project via PM. If I do not hear back I will make stuff up :wwink:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I am doing Scroll saw bowls. I will handle the write-up of bio's for all our demonstrators. For all who plan to do a demo please send me a couple on-liners about you self and your project via PM. If I do not hear back I will make stuff up :wwink:

Assuming you want this for inclusion into the Klingspor blog, I already sent this to Coleman and he has it posted online in the blog

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Assuming you want this for inclusion into the Klingspor blog, I already sent this to Coleman and he has it posted online in the blog

Yes I was willing to take care of that for folks. I will cross you off my list. :icon_thum

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dennis Reynolds - Pen turning will be fine as a description. I assume I'll probably need to bring my own drill bits (7mm, 10mm, etc.) and consumables as well.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dennis Reynolds - Pen turning will be fine as a description. I assume I'll probably need to bring my own drill bits (7mm, 10mm, etc.) and consumables as well.

The trailer will have everything you need. All of the pen making stuff is in one of the ten soft side tool bags - I will hopefully get them all labeled by then

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Cutting out a fretwork clock consumes days, and sometimes week, as you already know. Given the time allotted for the demo, I will be doing some cutting on a Sweetheart Jr. Clock which is small, and comprises about 13-14 pieces, but is still a Victoian fretwork style clock. I'll cut some, and then do some assembly. I have 3 of the clocks finished, another with everything ready for assembly, and the wood blanks for the 1 I'll cut at the show. If I can use the NCWW scroll saw, it would be one less big piece I'd have to haul there.
Happy sawdusting!!!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Cutting out a fretwork clock consumes days, and sometimes week, as you already know. Given the time allotted for the demo, I will be doing some cutting on a Sweetheart Jr. Clock which is small, and comprises about 13-14 pieces, but is still a Victoian fretwork style clock. I'll cut some, and then do some assembly. I have 3 of the clocks finished, another with everything ready for assembly, and the wood blanks for the 1 I'll cut at the show. If I can use the NCWW scroll saw, it would be one less big piece I'd have to haul there.
Happy sawdusting!!!

Thanks. Of course you can use one of the 2 scroll saws, that's:gar-Bi why we have them

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I sent this list to Coleman this morning for his Blog. He does understand it is a WIP

Friday 10/26/2012
9 - 10 Mike Smith - Puzzle building
10 -12 Phil Soper - Strip Built Canoe
12-1 Scott Miller - Scrollsaw Round Bowls
1-2 Alan Schaffter - the I-Box Demo
2-3 Bruce Swanson - Fret work clocks
3-4 Alan Schaffter - the I-Box Demo
4-5 Dennis Reynolds - Pen turning
5-6 Mike Smith Puzzle making

Sat 10/27/2012
9:15 -10:00 Bobby Gabor - Panel Glue Up
11-12 Alan Dewey and Milissa Ellison - Victorian Turning skills
12-1 Alan Schaffter - the I-Box Demo
1-2 Bruce Swanson- Fret work clocks
2-3 Alan Dewey and Milissa Ellison - Turning Minatures

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Anyone know the noise level of the Bosch 1031 bench saw? I've heard it can be noisy- I hope it won't be too bad!

I spent a hour today cutting some small box joint blanks, mostly from MDF and Poplar, but I'll have some Oak, Walnut, Mahogany, Maple and Beech blanks as well- turning small pieces into smaller ones! :D

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wil pull it out of he trailer and fire it up. When this came to me, I just unpacked and put it on a shelf in the trailer. looks like a decent portable but I will let you know how noisy

Anyone know the noise level of the Bosch 1031 bench saw? I've heard it can be noisy- I hope it won't be too bad!

I spent a hour today cutting some small box joint blanks, mostly from MDF and Poplar, but I'll have some Oak, Walnut, Mahogany, Maple and Beech blanks as well- turning small pieces into smaller ones! :D

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I wil pull it out of he trailer and fire it up. When this came to me, I just unpacked and put it on a shelf in the trailer. looks like a decent portable but I will let you know how noisy

Thanks. Not there is anything we can do if it is noisy, but I like to be prepared and know before I use it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS