Templete Guide - Issue/Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwill48

James
Being kind of cheap :dontknow: - I pickup this weekend a set of Brass Router Templete Guide's and a Inlay kit from HF (after reading on the Router Forum that all the brass sets sold are the same manufacture). Well anyway I have several diff Routers 3 Hitachi, 2 Bosch and a Bosch Colt. The Hitachi bases take the standard PC bushings, the Bosch I bought the adapter for PC bushings and the Colt I bought a roundbase that takes PC bushings. All should be well....but....

The Hitachi routers came with a set of steel bushings that fit all the bases, I have a couple of Porter/Cable brand bushings that fit all the bases.

I bought the HF ones so I could custom shorten a couple of them and have spares ect. The inlay kit speaks for its self.

Well anyway the HF bushings (both normal and inlay) fit the Hitachi bases fine one is a touch tight but can the pushed in. But in the Bosch both adapter and Colt base they will not fit, just a bit two big. I could turn the edge a little and reduce them to fit but then the fit would be loose in the Hitachi bases....anyone else had simpler issues with 3rd party template guides? I guess I'll just use these in the Hitachi Bases and use the steel Hitachi and PC brand (expensive) ones in the Bosch's.

James

gator

George
Corporate Member
I've not experienced the problem (but then I don't have the HF set) but could you maybe use a Dremel or something similar to slightly enlarge the bases of the Bosch and the Colt to accept the HF bushings?

George

jmauldin

New User
Jim
I'm not sure (my "old-timers", you know), but I have an Hitachi and Porter Cable. The H. is 3 hp and in my router table, but if I remember correctly (?) it will not take the other size - it is a bit larger and has its own template. Also, the bushings will not fit the Colt and other small routers. I, too, have not tried the Horrible Freight bushings. But since you have them go ahead and experiment with them, you won't loose much.
Jim in Mayberry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Have you tried screwing the adapters in? In some instances they don't just slide in and you have to use the threads on the adapter and sort of screw it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS