Ted's Woodworking.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Just a note to express my displeasure for the way Ted's Woodworking.com handles their advertising and fulfillment. This site came to me by email advertising "thousands of plans" for all types of woodworking. A LONG advertisement about the thoroughness of the plans, etc. So, I bought it.

What I THOUGHT I was getting was a DVD. What I bought was a list of plans for downloading. Based on what I'm seeing, it might take days to download all the plans, which also will take up lots of computer space.

I broke down and spent ANOTHER $25 for the DVD just to get the whole thing over with. I sent a complaint to their "Customer Service" site over 2 weeks a go and have received no response.

All I'm saying is, if you get this ad and consider ordering, be more diligent than I and know what you're buying!

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
This is a well known and often discussed SCAM. Search the internet and you'll find many, many references. It's 100% ripped off plans from all over the internet. You'll never hear from them and you have no chance of getting your money back.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Thanks, Jeff. Wish I'd heard that about $75 ago!!

This is a well known and often discussed SCAM. Search the internet and you'll find many, many references. It's 100% ripped off plans from all over the internet. You'll never hear from them and you have no chance of getting your money back.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
To further illustrate the point: http://woodgears.ca/ted/
It does interest me that I'd not heard this before. Oh well, live and learn!!

I think we should post this as a warning somewhere on the site.

:kamahlitu

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've often thought of buying their "downloads". I'm glad I didn't.

So, the next question is...did the link deliver any plans? Maybe you should share the link if there's something to be had?

Lowlander

New User
Chris
Chris, the only thing I have received is a link to a download!

Well, if you used a credit card, I would call card services and explain what happened. They should be able to help you with a credit for all if not some of the transaction. Especially for the dvd you never received. If the service department for the website is not responding to you, chances are they will do nothing to a chargeback. Goodluck.

red f

New User
Blaine
Wood Working for Mere Mortals did a bunch of research into this scam and posted it in a few YouTube videos.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Big scam, with excellent advertising. The address is false, does not exist. All the plans are available free on the web, as well as the videos on Youtube. It is not what is advertised. Try and get your money back through the CC company, hopefully if they get enough traffic about this they will retract their services.

We believe the Alias Tedd, also doing this under many other names makes close to $300,000 a year from this scam.

Glennbear

Glenn
To further illustrate the point: http://woodgears.ca/ted/
It does interest me that I'd not heard this before. Oh well, live and learn!!

I think we should post this as a warning somewhere on the site.

:kamahlitu

I am sorry you got burned Reggie but you deserve a big hat tip for bringing this to the attention of the rest of us. Thank You !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS