TE Johnson Lumber ... closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorm

New User
Dorm
I live out in the Cleveland School area and over the past few years TE Johnson Lumber has become my "go to" place. With much of what I've built, like my barn and potting shed for the wife, I used the rough sawn southern yellow pine. Imagine my sadness when I was cycling by (the pedal kind) Sunday morning and saw an auction sign in the TE Johnson lot.

In talking with the staff, the business is profitable ... just seems like the family wants to move on perhaps to other things. It'd be really nice to see a new owner continue the operation. The small sawyer operations like these are definitely a dying breed.

http://jocoreport.com/t-e-johnson-lumber-company-closing/

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
:gar-Cr Sad to see stuff like that go the way of the buffalo. These types of business are the backbone of communities. They ground and root the community. In today's age, it's something we dearly need.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I live about 2 miles from TE Johnson. Have bought many a board for fencing to stalls in my barn. He also sold his sawdust to the equine community by the pick up truck load for stall bedding. They will truly be missed.

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
This is sad. Been going here since I was young. I also live about 3 miles from there looks like we're close dswalker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Very cool I'm on parkertown rd. Mother in law lives down from olivers grove bout 1/4 mile on 301

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorm

New User
Dorm
Here's an update to my understanding ... the 'business' has been sold to a local couple that intends to keep running the lumber yard. It seems someone will purchase the sawmill; set this up in another location and supply lumber back to the lumber yard. The new owners for the lumber yard will lease the existing space from the Johnson family landowners and basically operate as present. Hopefully the new operation will be a bit more organized ... but overall I'm not complaining. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS