Talking Tape Measure???

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
From a friend of mine ... is there such a thing as a talking tape measure??

Begin quote ...

My uncle has had a major vision impairment, so much so that he cannot see straight ahead. He has peripheral vision, and distance vision., and gets around pretty good, but he was quite the woodworker and is now pretty saddened that he can’t do much in his shop.

He was describing that he can’t figure out how to measure in the shop. He uses 1 foot, 2 foot, etc. boards to match against but it limits him severely.

Do you know any device that would measure and “speak” the measurement somehow so my uncle could get some more enjoyment byWbs having a hobby again? I’ve searched and searched and cannot find anything. I thought you might know where to post it and find more.

End quote.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Just look out for the lying ones. All my tape measures lie to me :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Dave:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Just look out for the lying ones. All my tape measures lie to me :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Dave:)

Dave you need to start measuring with Inch Worms if your tape is lying!

http://kiwanis.kaplanco.com/store/trans/productDetailForm.asp?CatID=8%7CNU1015%7C0&CollID=29479&Max=31&ID=9&Page=1

javascript:newWindow=openWin('/stor...rolling=no,scrollbars=0'); newWindow.focus();
Grades K - 4. Introduce students to measurement by linking 1" inchworm pieces together into a flexible chain. Use them to measure length, width, and circumference. The Activity Cards feature activities, illustrations, and a 12" ruler. The set includes 72 inchworms in 6 colors, storage bucket, 16 colorful, two sided activity cards and teacher's guide.
Terry:lol::icon_thum

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
Jeremy,

Contact the Division of the Blind. My mother has about 10% vision from macular degeneration. You'd be amazed at the products they can show you. If his vision is bad enough, they may even help pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors