Tablesaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
I have been saving my change for awhile now looking to purchase a new tablesaw. I was mainly looking at a Delta 3hp unisaw. Now I see that Jet has this offer going [JET 708663BK] Jet 10" 3HP Cabinet saw JTAS-XL Includes Bosch 1617EVS Router, Router Plate, Base, and Cabinet which for 1099.00 seems too good to pass up. (this is the saw that was posted here a couple weeks ago Timberline Tools - Woodworking Tools & Accessories)

My change has added up to about enough for this saw, but I'm wondering if I would regret it. I expect this to be the last saw I purchase for my small shop.

Anyone able to comment on both of these or would you look another direction ?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I really like my Jet contractor saw, and have heard nothing but good stuff about this saw combo.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't think that you are going to do much better than that deal. The saws are comparable and then add in all the extras, and you'll be all set up.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Mark, that does sound like a great deal!
Grizzly has a couple that are pretty close. They include cast iron router plate, but no router. :eusa_thin

Griz 3hp
Griz 5hp

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Mark, I can't remember anyone complaining about the Jet cab saw. Throw in the extras at that price and it looks like a very good deal to me. Now, what to do?? :eusa_thin

:)
Chuck

MarkW

New User
Mark
I went ahead and ordered the unit. I will try to do a review (and obviously post pictures) when it arrives. I appreciate the responses, they helped me feel more confident in my decision.

zimman20

New User
Rich Zimmerman
That is an excellent deal and if I wasn't happy with my 22124 I would have been all over it. Not to mention...if you don't need the router for some reason (although the 1617 is an excellent unit, I own it myself) you could always sell it for a minimum of $100 and take that off of the price you pay for the saw - many folks are doing just that.

Congrats, you did good...good luck and have fun with 'er. Hard to go wrong with a Jet anything, IME. :icon_thum

HootSC

New User
Robert G.
Mark,
Don't know if you know, but they have a warehouse in Durham, NC. If you felt like riding up there, it might save you some shipping.
Hoot

MarkW

New User
Mark
After ordering the saw on 12/7. I spent the next few days putting in a new service box for the garage and 220 service to a couple of locations including the saw spot. I went ahead and upgraded the wiring to a couple of outlets with a 20 amp service also.

I received my saw on Friday. Each box was pristine to my surprise since I had it shipped all the way to the house. Shipping included a liftgate service and the Estes driver was the nicest man i've met in a long while. He patiently waited until I unwrapped everything to ensure no hidden damage and with 6 boxes, it took me awhile.

I spent Saturday putting it together and while I was not impressed with the directions. I was able to piece together what they were actually saying.

Heres the final result. As you may be able to tell with my floor slope, water coming in at the back may be a tidal wave by the time it reaches the door.

And since i'm gloating, I may as well add the other stuff i've found lately :roll:
100_7231.JPG

100_7233.JPG

100_7234.JPG

100_7235.JPG

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Dang partner that is one hell of a gloat!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Have fun making sawdust, be blessed friend.

MikeF

New User
Mike
Mark, I also bought the same package and picked it up from the Estes warehouse in Durham last week. I have to agree that the manual is not the best. The saw is very smooth and very well built.
Like night and day from my old Craftsman Contractor saw.

I took McRabbet's advise and bought a Forest WWII blade for it and it goes though 8/4 Red Oak without breaking a sweat. Like a knife through butter, as they say!

What are you planning to do for a router fence?

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Mike, You won't be sorry that you bought the Woodworker II blade -- Mark, it is a good investment and should make your Jet really woosh through wood!

BTW, YOU SUCK!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors