Tablesaw Router Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
A daughter presented me with a Woodpecker QuickLift for use between the rails of my Ridgid TS3650. This created the need for a router fence to attach the the rip fence.

I threw this one together on the fly. It's just a rectangular box with 4 partitions inside, 2 of them being to create the chamber for the dust collection. It attaches to either side of the fence with the T slots on top of the fence. I had the DC fitting at a 45 degree angle, but find it works best straight up. The DC works real good, just a bit of sawdust on the floor under the router. The adjustable fence is from counter top Corian which is very flat and stable.

The faces are attached with bolts going into T nuts. The outboard fence can be shimmed for jointing, also
This one is regular Oak ply, the HD didn't have any Baltic Birch. I'll do the next one from that for stability.
ken

fence001.jpg

fence005.jpg

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Nice setup Ken. If one didn't know you built it they would think it was purchased. Nice reflection on the quality of your work.

MIke

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
What is your source for the corian on the fence? I'm getting ready to make a new one and that would be a great way to go.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job Ken.:icon_thum That is a great design you came up with for your fence and it sounds like you built in a bunch of adjustable features that will come in handy.

D L

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Nice job.

I don't believe I've ever seen anything "thrown together on the fly" with that level of craftsmanship.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks folks.
I get the Corian from a lady on penturners.org. She sells it occassionally to make pens from. I will contact her and ask if it's o.k. for folks here to contact her. It's $2.50 for each 4" by 14" piece, which is fairly cheap, but it's heavy so the shipping is a bit painful. She somehow managed to cram 10 pieces into a $7.70 USPS Flat Rate mailer. (10 pieces for $32.70 shipping and Corian)
It makes wonderful ZC inserts for tablesaws. Woodcraft gets about $30 for a Corian insert, I believe.
The fence is painted with a Rustoleum gray which closely matches the Ridgid dark gray.
Thanks again for the nice comments.

ken,
crying and still not believing the gamecocks lost that game!!
:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :eusa_booh :BangHead:

M

McRabbet

Nice use of materials and well executed fence. I'd be interested in the corian if it is available at the price you're quoting, especially for zero clearance inserts. And I agree that the 'cocks should have won -- 'tis a pity...

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
McRabbet said:
Nice use of materials and well executed fence. I'd be interested in the corian if it is available at the price you're quoting, especially for zero clearance inserts. And I agree that the 'cocks should have won -- 'tis a pity...
I have emailed Alice about folks contacting her for Corian. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.Ken

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, I'm really impressed with the fence Ken. And you make it sound so easy. :cool:

Sorry 'bout the Gamecocks, but what defensive coordinator wouldn't be expecting a pass from Steve Spurrier with two minutes to go????? :-?

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS