Table saw maintenance

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
After 15 years, first maintenance ever needed on a Grizzly G1023SL. Belts only.

The arbor bearings still feel smooth, but I can hear them. Maybe another 15 years before I do anything more, that is if I’m still able to do woodwork.
0D954056-4B1D-42EA-9158-C3A9C497190D.jpeg

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If you can hear them, then it's time. They aren't going to get any better on their own. Most likely you have 6203 2RS bearings which are a little under three bucks each at Fastenal. Yeah, they are Chinese, but my daughter's Honda Civic has one in the belt tension pulley that has over 300K miles on it. I've got over 40 K on the one I put in the Ford Van.

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
If you can hear them, then it's time. They aren't going to get any better on their own. Most likely you have 6203 2RS bearings which are a little under three bucks each at Fastenal. Yeah, they are Chinese, but my daughter's Honda Civic has one in the belt tension pulley that has over 300K miles on it. I've got over 40 K on the one I put in the Ford Van.
Agreed - such a small task to ensure the saw’s future.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Agreed - such a small task to ensure the saw’s future.
The arbor bearings will have the same hours as the motor bearings. At this stage there is no play, they feel smooth. Will keep an eye on it, if there are signs will replace them all.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS