Table saw dust collection.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Figured it was time. All I saw online have the port facing down, thought that may be hard for me to attach. So, with time on my hands I made this.

Turn you head, I don’t have THAT much time...

57645BB6-B8E5-4107-95E9-FBE248B235BA.jpeg

C1762AE2-7D91-4F20-8946-B8ED9B11CCC3.jpeg

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I've been tackling a bunch of little "too-dos" around the shop. This one is still on the list. Your solution looks like it ought work just fine. Does the top flange bolt up under the saw, or can you slide it up in there and let it rest in place? or?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I’ll try to tackle that tomorrow. Yes the flange will screw to the bottom of the frame. There is a 10 inch square opening there. The flange is 14 inches square. The outlet will go on the left of the saw from operator view. Not sure if I will turn the saw upside down or clamp the box in place while drilling and screwing it in place. Thinking about a rubber boot to go on the back where the motor is. Hoping I can make it flexible enough to swing up to 45 degrees and back without removing. Will have to make a port for the belt. Lots to think about.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did basically the same thing on my saws some time back, but I now regret not putting some kind of slick finish - even PVC trim coil - on the slopes. Sawdust still tends to bunch up on them and has to be poked down. If I don't use them for awhile mice like to nest in them.......

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
it works better than I expected. Man, it ain’t easy lifting a table saw all alone. I got it but it hurt and I’m exhausted.

screen door gasket all around x3.
6A956886-C550-443C-843C-3631F2A60BEC.jpeg

I took the suggestion from Dennis and sprayed three coats of primer and three coats of gloss enamel. I was gonna line it with Formica but I can’t find the sheet I had.
01120B92-CA10-47F5-8870-5976D53B4F80.jpeg

I used self tapping machine screws to attach the dust trap to the base.
30040DFE-C458-4E9E-A260-201C61A5B9CA.jpeg

I cut some scrap plywood to see how well it works.
553B1A8F-D323-49C4-815A-2AA303D0DA6B.jpeg

Very little sawdust left inside. I’m happy, tired but happy.
0B540E00-B38C-45D3-9A9D-109FE36163E1.jpeg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wow Cool Idea !. I was just lazy and used Patent leather and made a curtain around the bottom of my table saw, then put a tray on the bottom, it captures about 90% some escapes, but I just needed a quick fix, and this was what I had in the Garage. I am going to have to look at the saw and figure a way to make something like this.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Looks good, Mike! Well done. Do you plan to do something at the back of the saw to close up around the belts and motor ways?

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
I'm pleased to be able to watch your progress on this saw, Mike. We have a similar saw here in our community woodworking shop that needs some improved dust collection, so I'll stay tuned for your updates!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS