Table saw blade taking a long time to stop spinning

ajdiez

New User
Tony
This may be a dumb question. I recently bought a jet proshop 2 table saw. I’m loving it so far but I have one issue. When I turn off the saw it seems to take a really long time to stop. I timed it and from the moment I hit stop to the moment it fully stops is 10 seconds. Am I crazy or is this normal?
Thanks!

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
You being crazy or normal has nothing to do with it. You have a saw that has just about perfect bearings, motor to blade alignment, and belt tension. All of that is why it spins so freely. Be glad and most important be patient and wait for the blade to stop completely when you turn off the motor.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Just in case, check your blade nut for tightness. I had one get loose and it took nearly a minute to spin down.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
I had an Oliver that took more than 60 seconds to wind down. It always made me nervous when other people were around - but I loved that saw. I have never used a better saw and wish I still had it.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
i have a Delta contractor style TS that takes about 2 minutes to stop spinning

ajdiez

New User
Tony
Ok. Just making sure. For some reason I thought there was some type of braking technology. I previously had an older delta contractor table saw it stopped very quick, but it was not a good saw. Thanks for everyone’s answer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors