Table Saw blade alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotel

New User
Rotel
Hello fellow woodworkers. I recently purchased a new Incra TSLS fence system for my Table saw. While waiting for it to arrive I decided to check out my alignments on the saw today. What I found is the rear of the blade to the left miter is off by .004 away from the fence (checked by a dial indicator). From everything I can find online .002-.003 or better is what you should strive for if possible. My question is how difficult would it be to adjust this tiny of an adjustment...if even possible? I feel like just the act of tightening the bolts back down after an adjustment could cause it to move possibly making that alignment even worse.

Thank you for any help or suggestions you may have.

cptully

New User
Chris
Last time I checked my TS (Rigid TS 2412), I got it within 0.002. Just be very gentle while tightening bolts and use a cross pattern, as you would tightening bolts on a gasket fitting.

Last edited:

rotel

New User
Rotel
Can you clamp 2 corners after it is adjusted and then tighten two bolts?

I can clamp it, but I am worried at such a tiny adjustment (about the thickness of a human hair) I am going to make it worse than better...you know back and forth. I would like to get everything spot on, it's one of the reasons I bought the Incra system. But I don't want to make it worse.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Knock it out about 1/4 inch, then you won't have such small adjustment to worry about.

You can get it dead on, just fiddle with it a bit. :icon_thum

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I bought my Jet Cabinet saw from brother, who lived in Florida. After partially disassembling it and moving it home, and then reassembling it, it was a little out of whack. I spent nearly a day just retuning and adjusting it, but it was well worth the effort. It worked when I first used it, but all the time spent getting it right really paid off in getting accurate cutting. Just keep tuning until its right.:saw:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Crosscut some Cherry or Maple with your best, sharpest, cleanest, shiniest blade with the top the way it is right now. Are you happy with the quality of the cut? Is there any burning? If everything is ok leave it alone. Your blade/arbor probably has a few thou of wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS