table saw accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstrbd488

New User
Chris
Hey guys just felt after tonights activities that everyone needs to remeber that we need to continue to pay attetion to what we are doing. That being said my brother in law who is a cabinet builder and has operated a table saw everyday for the last 15 years got a little to comfortable tonight and cut off the 1st three fingures on his right hand. he had most likely been working for anout 15 hours today and should have gone home and relaxed but you know how it is he just needed to make a few more cuts. he is currently at the hospitol waiting for the surgon to determine the possiblity of re-attaching them. As i stated earlier he was a professional and I suspect he was a little to comfortable with his equipment but, i am sure that he was doing things they way that he was supposed to. that being said this is just a reminder to pay attetnion to what you are doing and I would really appreciate it if everyone could keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers through this trying time.:gar-Cr

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Chris,
Sorry to hear about your brother in law. Consider him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the reminder. . . Tim

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
man i hate to hear that. i hope they called in Dr Gaul for him. he's an awesome surgeon i have full use of my thumb thanks to him.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Prayers sent.......

My table saw has to be the scariest tool I have in my shop. I know they all have the potential to hurt me but it scares the crap out of me.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
So sorry about that, Chris. Are the digits missing on his dominant (writing) hand?
Be careful out there in the shop, folks.

dstrbd488

New User
Chris
Well a quick up date I heard from my sister this morning and it looks like they were able to re-attatch everything except his right ring finger. His index finger is going to be good to go, his thumb is fine, little finger is fine, but he lost the ring finger and his middle finger had to be fused there will most likely be no movement in it or at least that is how i understand it as of right now. But the up side is (if there is one) is that he is left handed so at least he has that going for him

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Chris,
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. If it helps I had my work done down in Atlanta @ St. Joseph's hostpital. The Resurgen Hand Center rebuilt my thumb and got it back to full mobility after I cut a large part of it off on my TS. God speed, Jim

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear of anyone getting hurt in the shop. I will keep upgrading my respect for my TS.:gar-Cr

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I hope everything goes better than expected for your BIL. I hope that this doesn't severely affect his livelihood.

-G

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Sorry to hear about his accident, hopefully they can reattach and he is able to use them again soon. Prayers sent!

Regards,

Bill

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Six weeks ago I also cut my fingers with the dado blades on my tablesaw. The second and third tips on my left hand. The cut took a chunk out of my index finger and chewed into the third one. Both healed well. I was lucky, I could have lost two fingers. The procedure was stupid and I should have known better. I am glad your brother-in-law will be fine, even the best seasoned woodworker can make mistakes. As my husband reminded me, you went seven years without an accident but if you lost a few fingers those seven years no longer stood for anything. Stay safe guys and when you get tired, turn the lights out and go into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS