Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a lumbar/sacral fusion along with lumbar stenosis irrigation on 1/29. I go home from rehabilitation tomorrow. Restricted to no bending, twisting, or lifting over 10# until after follow-up with neurosurgeon in mid March. Also getting around with a brace and walker. Good news (if you can call it that) is I am at rehabilitation the same place as my mother.
I hope LOML can tolerate whittling shavings until I can use the vacuum. :gar-Bi I can only take so much Andy Griffith and I hit my limit on that with bronchitis the 2 weeks before the surgery.
Glad to see everyone here is doing well.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Maybe you can take up the scrollsaw as well..LOL But it is hard to sit around and not do the many things you love doing!

Good luck, keep your spirits up, and get well soon.

Brogan

New User
Here's wishing for a good recovery.

I've had a prolapsed disc since I was 18 (30+ years) so can sympathise somewhat.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Glad to see I'm not the only one having to sit out Woodworking for a while. Though your stuff appears more complicated than my broken arm. Take the time to recover, something I'm trying to learn as well.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check out the Golden Girls and the Hallmark valentine movies - Seriously, do what they say and give your body some time. Sure hope you make a complete recovery.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Wow Dennis, hate to hear that but glad you are in the recovering process. My mother and sister both had spinal fusions and such, know it is a process but the results can be rather complete. Wish you the swiftest most pain free recovery possible my friend.
I didn't know there was a limit to Andy Griffith though - I can still watch them non stop... although Debbie wishes I could/would with my mute button on.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Get better real soon my friend. As already mentioned it is time to learn how to scroll.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hope all goes well with your recovery. I have 3 fused vertebrae in my neck. Recovery took time but wasn't any real problem.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Get some woodworking magazines to keep your spirits up, and get well soon, God bless, Jim

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Wishes for prompt recovery. If you get too bored and need another Union County hangout location, come on over. My shop vac hose weighs less than 10 lbs

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Get well soon. Don't push it or it'll take longer.

Your lifting restriction reminded me of my mother-in-law. About 10 years ago she had open heart surgery. I was talking to her after she got home from the hospital. She said her doctor had given her an 8 pound lifting restriction. I asked how she knew she wasn't lifting more than 8 pounds. She said, "The nurse told me a gallon of milk weighs 8 pounds so I pick up a gallon of milk in one hand and compare it to the object in my other hand. If the other object weighs more, I put it down." :gar-Bi She was a funny lady.

Maybe now's the time to brush up on your SketchUp skills. Having recently retired from my day job, I have a little free time to do more teaching.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Watch out for the first 'I feel OK now' moment. It's a trick!
Follow doctor's orders; they've seen more than you on this.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
May you recover well and get back in the shop soon. :icon_thum And before you know it you'll be doing this. :banana: Well, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS