Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Dennis, ditto to all of the advice given above. It's your healthy recovery phase now so make the most of it with probable physical therapy on the horizon.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery, Dennis. My brother had fusion surgery last year and he acts like a kid again!
Follow doc's orders and you'll be good as new.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Dennis, remember a slow recovery is far better than a fast relapse. Be patient and share with us your whittled creations! Also, I agree with Phil, Hallmark movies are a good viewing choice, they always end well!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
During my recovery I was not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs. Had to stop buying gallons of milk. At least your limit is 10 lbs. I also couldn't drive or even ride in a car. My surgeon was terrified of whiplash accidents.

Luckily I was able to work from home on a PC so didn't miss a lot of work. Follow doc's orders and you'll be fine in a while. I did gain a lot of weight due to the inactivity, but you're a skinny guy and shouldn't have that problem.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Hey Dennis,

Hope you have a smooth recovery and perhaps a Prime membership to use -- just saw that they have all of the videos that The Wood Whisperer has made over 12 seasons available for free... Time to recuperate and take advantage. Get better soon.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Kind of sounds like my post CABG heart surgery a year ago with my sternotomy stitched together with wires while the sternum healed. Then after about 1 month on to Duke cardiovascular rehab and exercise 3x/week. Couldn't drive for at least 8 weeks so LOML was my chauffeur.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It's been so long since I saw your happy face, I hope I recognize you when we meet again......:icon_scra
I truly hope you have 100% restoration Dennis, for 2 reasons. I am being sent to the neurosurgeons in Charlotte, by the VA, for my back too. Back problems are so terribly debilitating, along with more knee and hip problems. Take care my friend, and get better; and I hope to see you again soon!:eusa_danc<strike></strike>

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Get well in good time, Dennis. The time not spent doing stuff can always be used for planning stuff.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks to all for your support and encouragement. I have 2 boxes of FWW given to the library where LOML works that they couldn't use. Thought of donating them to a facility suggested here some months ago. I guess I'll need to proof read them before I do now.... and I do know about those tricky "I feel fine now" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS