Supplier for Compost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Any recommendations for a supplier that can deliver finished compost to south Wake ? Preferably someone that can deliver a divided load.

I need something around 8 yards of compost and 3 of mulch.

I really have no idea who has "good" compost, but like all things I expect there is good and bad product...

-Mark

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
While I'm on a roll :roll:, is there a south Wake supplier for smooth black river stones ?

I need a wheelbarrowful for an artsy-fartsy garden project. :help:

-Mark

Glennbear

Glenn
Not being local I cannot help you with the mulch or compost but the BORG's usually have stones of various configurations by the bag :wsmile:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mark, talk to Steve at McGill Environmental in New Hill, and ask him for a referral on one of their customers that delivers small loads.

McGill is a compost manufacturer, but I think that they only deliver in tractor-trailer load volume. However they should have some resellers that buy from them and can deliver in smaller quantities.

Scott

billha

New User
Bill
Mark,

You could try one of these two businesses:

Ogburn Landscape Supplies
located at Hwy 42 & Mt Pleasant Rd Willow Spring, NC. Phone: 919-557-7620. .

or

Dirt Cheap Sand Rock & Mulch Inc.

I have used Ogburn to deliver several dump truck loads of topsoil to my house and I was satisfied with their product and delivery.

I have not used Dirt Cheap but I have heard good things about their mulch and prices from friends (not sure if they deliver).

Hope this helps. :icon_thum

Bill

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Have you called the City/County solid waste dept.? Not sure about Wake Co. but Charlotte/Mecklenburg leaves and landscaping trash ends up at a big composting facility by the airport. It's sold in the local Home Depot stores as Eco something or other. They deliver large dump truck loads too. Kannapolis has a composting facility also with free loading into your pick-up or trailer in the fall.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would recommend Triangle Landscape Supplies http://www.trianglelandscapesupplies.com/ They have a facility off 42 and Cornwallis Rd. I doubt that you will get them to deliver a divided load of materials. But their compost is excellent stock. Also if you want to haul it yourself you can get great cheap leaf compost from the Raleigh city facility on New Hope Rd, and New Bern.
For the "smooth black river stone" you are looking for Mexican Beach stone. There isn't many places that carry it around here. The best I have found is Scott Stone in Mebane. It's easy to find NC river stone, but that is going to be in tan colors. You might try calling Red Barn Landscape Supplies off Hwy 70, or the little stone yard off 401 right before it merges with 55 and 42...don't know the name :5dunce:

HTH,
Dave:)

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Everyone - thanks. I had Triangle Landscape Co deliver to me 10 yards of turkey poop (compost).

They had pretty good prices too ($22/yrd; free delivery with 10 yards).

Now I need to do is shovel all of this crap. :rolf:

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS