Superb hacksaw

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Most of us have to cut something that requires a hacksaw now and then. I purchased this hacksaw when it came on the market a few years ago and have been delighted with it.
3B4ABC2E-FE7F-405B-8ECE-6B040D270C55.jpeg

Instead of a wing nut for tensioning, this saw has a lever mechanism and the blade can easily be tightened to sing when you pluck it. Also, Lenox hacksaw blades are a cut above the rest.
6AA916A4-A5DE-4FAC-9E94-D1709EB96F85.jpeg

I have no connection to Lenox other than appreciation for my first quality hacksaw in seventy-odd years of hacking.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I remember a review a few years back that highlighted this saw. I would up with a Stanley with a lever tensioning that has served me well.
Then I got a Milwaukee "hacks-all" in a kit and almost never cut by hand any more even though it is more precise.

Scott H

Scott
User
I have been using a Milwaukee high-tension hacksaw, which I think is basically just their version of this, with Lenox bi-metal blades and it has been fantastic.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I have multiples of an earlier version of this saw. On mine, a wing nut at the bottom tensions the cam holding the blade. After using this type saw, it's hard to go back to using a plain jane hacksaw. Most of my cutting is done with a Potra Band, or horizontal cut off saw. Try cutting thru a 4" solid round stock using either a Porta Band, or hand held hacksaw.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
"Try cutting thru a 4" solid round stock using a hand held hacksaw."

When my Dad was a young man he taught shop class. That's what he did with the unruly boys......
I have a similar hacksaw and I can attest to the fact that there's nothing more frustrating than trying to cut with a cheap hacksaw - or cheap blades, although being the pack rat that I am I have a few variations of both lying around, 'just in case' - of what I'll never know.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I've got one of those Lenox hack saw frames and what has been said is quite true. Those big high tension hack saw frames make a hack saw worth using when needed. Years back I picked up a high tension frame at a flea market just out of curiosity. I had bunches of the regular flimsy type frames at the time. I mounted a blade and wow! What a difference. Sure, I've got to stationary metal cutting band saws plus a Porter Cable Porta Band, but there are times when a hack saw is the only thing that will do the cut.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sawing and bending EMT is almost a lost art with the advent of MC cable.......
As for sawing it, cordless Porta Bands are almost a requirement as they will cut EMT, PVC, and Rigid pipe up to 2". Beyond that bring out the big boys.......

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS