Sunrise Sawmill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inflatable Screen Door

New User
David Maida
Anbody ever been to sunrise sawmill in Asheville. here is there website http://www.sunrisesawmill.com/

According to the site: they buy logs, mill logs, custom sawing, and they sell green lumber. I don't think they dry wood. Since the lumber is green it's very affordable. Anybody bought lumber here? What was your experience?

M

McRabbet

Looks like they have very reasonable prices for fresh sawn pine and poplar -- it would be nice to know what happens to their other hardwoods in fresh sawn state...

Rob

woodbutcher

New User
Kevin
I've done business with them. Don and Michelle are very nice and have a small selection of domestic hardwood. They have some stuff that is air dryed. They are a small family operation and many times will work with you on price. I highly recommend.

M

McRabbet

Steve D said:
I nominate Rob to go by and check them out. :lol:
Believe it or not, I spent this afternoon checking out another Sawmill that is in Henderson County! I drove over and found D & D Sawmill Services, 1800 Orchard Rd. in Dana, NC 28724, run by Dave and Dan Workman (828-685-8166 or 628-1541). They are good-hearted natives and were getting set to cut a 24" pine log for a custom Windsor chair maker. They spent 20-30 minutes showing me their kiln-dried stock on hand -- Soft and Ambrosia and Curly Maple, Red and White Oak (incl. QSWO), walnut, some ash, cherry, poplar and some mahogany. SM is $2.50/BF; $3-5 for Ambrosia or Curly Maple. Ash $2.50. R/W Oak $2.50. Cherry and walnut $3.75-$4 -- all are 4/4 selects. They also can custom cut -- and have air dried stock as well.

BTW -- I'd be happy to check out Sunrise Sawmill, too! :lol: :mrgreen: :blol: Anybody gonna pony up some gas money??

Rob

M

McRabbet

I left a phone number of that Dave wrote on the card -- 272-0989. Don't forget to tell them that McRabbet (Rob Payne) gave you the info -- I hope they will end up giving us a group discount. And, I also failed to mention that Dave is a member of the Mountain Carvers Assoc. in Asheville and they can supply turners with wood stock as well.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
David and Rob, thanks to both of you for sharing this info on these two sources and to Butcher for his feedback.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS