Summer Classes discount code

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
Hi All,

Summer Wood classes at Sawtooth just opened for registration today and with the early registration discount code summer2022, you get 5% off tuition from today through Friday, 5/20. There's a lot of options there from one day intensives to longer format classes and spanning skill levels from beginner to advanced. I'm happy to chat or answer questions about the classes and can be reached here, via my email (wood@sawtooth.org) or over the phone at 336-723-7395 x1207.

Here's our web page if you want to take a look: https://www.sawtooth.org/studios/wood/

Happy woodworking!
Josie

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Not ready for turning classes. I was looking for basic hand joinery. Bridle, spline, dovetail etc.

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
Not ready for turning classes. I was looking for basic hand joinery. Bridle, spline, dovetail etc.
Hello,

I suppose there is not too many hand cut joinery specific classes this season, though there are a few that deal with joinery through case construction and hand tool skills if that interests you.

Here are a few potentially relevant classes:
Traditional Hand Tools: Joiner's Mallet with Chris Wilson. Chris specializes in working almost exclusively with hand tools. This project involves a tapered mortise and tenon. He is also teaching a class on making a Sliding Dovetail Saw. More info on that one in the link.
Basic Joinery with Machines with Phil Fuentes
Intro to Woodworking with me, I was planning on focusing this class on half lap joints but thats not far off from a bridle
Intermediate Box Making: Coopered Boxes with Kim Gondring
Light, Thin, STRONG Sawhorses with Phil Fuentes. This one is a week long intensive. It the sawhorses are built with housed mortis and tenon joints, wedged through mortise and tenon joints and laps.

Hope this helps!
-J

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
I am in Fayetteville so it woul be about a 2-2 hour drive pending route and traffic. Honestly, I would only be looking at single day classes for that reason.
That is a ways a way! Most of our Woodturning Workshops are scheduled for a single Saturday. And there are also a few workshops on other woodworking topics that are scheduled for day long Saturday sessions. Basic Joinery with Machines, All About Milling Lumber, and Veneered Panels with the Vacuum Press, to name a few.

best,
J

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS