Sucessful gathering of Toys for Tots

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Last night about 80 of us from Triangle Woodworkers Association gathered at Klingspor"s in Raleigh to turn in the wooden toys that we had made for the annual drive. The total exceeded 3200! We had plenty of good food and fellowship and were entertained by special guest Roy Underhill. Roy has been supporting TWA on this subject for about 20 years. Here are a few photos; there are more in my gallery. Note that only a few hundred toys were put out for display.

DSC004651.JPG

View image in gallery

bobby g

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well done Bobby and all others involved. Have been associated with that effort in the past I know it is fun and very rewarding. If you ever get an opportunity to do anything like this please do so. It is some of the finest woodworking you will even do.

thsb

New User
Tim
that is really quite an impressive first picture with all of those toys. great stuff and thanks for doing it.

ReynoldsJay

New User
Jay
Love seeing this. Helping others out, especially children is always an amazing thing to be involved with. I would love to be part of this in the future.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Love seeing this. Helping others out, especially children is always an amazing thing to be involved with. I would love to be part of this in the future.
Would love to have you and any others 'on board' to join us Making Toys or to learn and share our love of Woodworking.
Next meeting of the Triangle Woodworkers Association is Jan. 15 at 7 pm at Klinspors Woodworking store on Capital Blvd.
ALL are welcome !!!
here's a link to our newsletters http://www.trianglewoodworkers.com/newsletters/
And the mission statement :
The Triangle Woodworkers Association (TWA) is a nonprofit educational corporation. The TWA is dedicated to teaching woodworking techniques through seminars, classes, and workshops; participants are required to sign waivers absolving liability for TWA or its designated representatives. The TWA promotes woodworking education and community interest in woodworking and in general sharing a love for wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS