Submarine wood model, a little progress ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I've made occasional progress on my 1/24 scale wood model of a 1939 U.S. fleet submarine (central section only, thus far ... ). Here's a new chinaware rack for the galley (I recently received access to the galley on U.S.S Pampanito where I've started being a docent since 5 Thursdays ago, and took some critical measurements of major appliances and storage units; if you find yourself in San Francisco, I am there from about 2pm to 5pm on Thursdays, and will continue to do so as long as I am still mobile and able to do so).

The tall narrow plate cupboard is of 1/16" basswood, but the main rack is bent from .005" brass shim stock, with an added center shelf, and a center brace made from 1/16" square tubing.

I'm experimenting with LED's for lighting:

Here's a view of the Pampanito's crew's mess, which I've used for some of the measurements, such as the mess tables and lockers, showing my friend, and volunteer Pampanito day driver, Jeremy .

I have just had to get a new computer, and the old, with most of my data, is temporarily down. I've just got more of my camera loaded into the new computer, and need to upload some more of the project photos. Will show some more after I get it organized.

Regards, John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS