Strip Decking Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
All-
My house's deck is badly in need of a new coat of paint. However, I don't really want to paint it again...I'd rather stain it. How would ya'll recommend I strip the paint? Hand scraper...sander...or pressure washer. I've got between 300 and 400 SF of deck, plus handrails and spindles.

Thanks

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
JoMax makes a special stain remover for decks. It may also do paint. Lowes stocks it. No experience, just saw it in Lowes recently.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Jeff, I've got a couple of jugs of deck stripper, I believe it's wolman's brand, that I came across in my storage room the other day. I've got no use for it and am going to have to dispose of it at the hazmat drop center since it's forbidden in the trash. It's older stuff and I'm honestly not sure of the age since I didn't buy it, inherited it from a friend who over bought. You're welcome to it if you'd like to give it a shot, I won't lay any claim as to it effectiveness, but he swore by it when he was using it. If you're interested I can look up the specs on the jugs and get back to you on it. I work in RTP M-F so I could meet up with you somewhere in the area if you're interested in giving it a shot. Let me know.

HTH,
Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS