Storage solution: outfeed table & CC sled

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
For quite a while, my outfeed table and cross-cut sled have been taking up floor space when not in use (which is most of the time :oops: ); I finally realized one day that if I added some simple sockets to the underside of the outfeed table, I could store it off the floor in place of a missing top shelf on a plastic shelf-unit. I cut appropriate sized holes in a strip of pine, cut it in four pieces and screwed them to the underside of the table top. The cross-cut sled shares this new "storage shelf":

Outfeed-storage-dscf0502.jpg

The sled and table are from the plans in "The Complete Table Saw Book"; the sled has a new cutting-fence which has not yet been trimmed to its finished profile, nor has the blade-rear-guard been installed.

John

nelsone

New User
Ed
Sounds like a neat set up. Do you have other pics to show more perspective?

By the way, your brace looks like it would hurt if you try putting any pressure on it!:lol:

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
By the way, your brace looks like it would hurt if you try putting any pressure on it!:lol:

That brace on the wall has been wating for years (decades, maybe!) for me to get ambitious enough to make a proper end-piece (the last time I used it, the "handle" was an old hollow metal door knob); since I haven't used it in years, it's going to continue to wait, unless I find someone who want's a rusty "fixer-upper"! :-D

John

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Re: Storage solution: More perspective ...

Sounds like a neat set up. Do you have other pics to show more perspective?

Youse asked for more perspective, you got it!

Storage-view2-dscf0512.jpg

Sorry for the focus, my digital camera is just never co-operating! Wish these things had real manual focus! :eusa_booh

BTW, the sign is a little hard to read in the photo, it says "A Creative Mess is Better Than Tidy Idleness" :lol:

Regards, John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors