Still a "New Member" After 5 years and 11 posts?

tijmt

Jared
User
Hi Everyone,

I joined the forum in 2014 and read posts from time to time. I posted once in the past and also posted a wanted ad about a year or so ago.

On the new forum I am listed as a "New member" and I read that I needed to post 5 messages to become a normal member. The new rule has turned me into an active participant and I really appreciate the push!

However, I noticed that I am up to 11 messages and still a "new member". Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!
Jared

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
You show as USER when we see your name in the forum. But I did look and see that you are set as a USER but that when I open your profile card it does say NEW USER. Not sure why this is.

Looks like ScottM has the answer

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you do not access the site at least once a month your status get resets HOWEVER if you check back tomorrow the counter will have been reset again, thanks to this post, and you will show as a returning member. It is built into the platform.

tijmt

Jared
User
If you do not access the site at least once a month your status get resets HOWEVER if you check back tomorrow the counter will have been reset again, thanks to this post, and you will show as a returning member. It is built into the platform.

Odd I have been posting on and off for the past week and it still says "New User".

FlyingRon

Ron
You're at the USER category now. What happened was we replaced the "visit frequency" thing from the old forum with a mere requirement that you have to have been on the board in the past 30 days. If you don't come on for a month, you'll be dropped down. No need to worry though, you get your old status back as soon as one day passes after you log back in. (I.e., we don't make you start back over, just spend a day on the forum to refresh yourself).

Dash

New User
Devin
I've posted more lately, went to a lunch and graduated to getting some stuff for 16,000 secret plans.... regards. new angry user

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That was a spammer that got by our security checks. He has been banned and stronger security put in place.

Thanks for being so understanding.

FlyingRon

Ron
I've posted more lately, went to a lunch and graduated to getting some stuff for 16,000 secret plans.... regards. new angry user
We are sorry, but a spammer managed to bypass the protections we had in place. We've banned the user (and his IP address and a few other accounts he created) and added some additional protections to stop such form happening again.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS