Stickley Mantle Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Well I was going through my magazines and some folders with the intent to clean up and get rid of a lot of accumulated "stuff". I came across some mag articles that I marked for future use. The Stickley Mantle clock repro by Glenn Huey was in the Dec 08 copy of Pop WW'g.

Here's my version of the clock. QSWO with through dovetails on the top and through tenons on the bottom. A friend made up the leaded glass insert and it has a quartz pendulum movement.

(Note: If anyone knows why the pics are sideways..pls let me know so that I "right" them....tks)

Thanks for looking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stickley Clock 1.JPG
    Stickley Clock 1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Stickley Clock 2.JPG
    Stickley Clock 2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Stickley Clock 3.JPG
    Stickley Clock 3.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Beautiful Dan, anything with a Stickley theme will always get my attention and admiration.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Beautiful piece, Dan. I really like the faceted cutout for the clock face. Bet that took some time. And the exposed joinery always adds a special touch.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Chris....not fumed. Used Jeff Jewitt 's formula:
-dye stain...Honey Amber
- spit coat shellac...Amber dewaxed
- gel stain ... walnut
- 3 coats shellac
- rubbed out w/dark paste wax

All w/light sanding between coats.

Last edited:

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Did you take the pictures with an iPhone?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stickley Clock 1.png
    Stickley Clock 1.png
    466.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Stickley Clock 2.png
    Stickley Clock 2.png
    447.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Stickley Clock 3.png
    Stickley Clock 3.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 143

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Yes, and an NCWW'r sent me a PM on how to "right" them but I couldn't get it to work. Many thanks for helping....I guess I'm not "Smart" enough for a Smart phone!

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
How do they recommend fixing the problem? I opened the files in an editor (Irfanview) and re-saved them. There's something in the iPhone that causes the problem, but it's easy to fix. I saved them as PNG files, but I could have just as easily saved them as JPG files.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Beautiful Clock Dan!
Is it a gift or something for your use?

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Mike (patlaw), I tried to correct in Powerpoint and MS Photo but each attempt appeared to correct the pblm but when I tried to update the post it stayed on it's side. I don't MS Pant as part of my MS Office suite.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike (patlaw), I tried to correct in Powerpoint and MS Photo but each attempt appeared to correct the pblm but when I tried to update the post it stayed on it's side. I don't MS Pant as part of my MS Office suite.
Download, install, and run Irfanview. It's a great program that I install on every computer I use. It's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS