Steel City Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I have a friend that asked me if I knew anything about this brand of tools. I told him I didn't but would see if anyone on the board knows. The story he was told was a couple of Delta employees were fed up with Delta and started their own company. Don't know more than that. Anyone know anything about this brand?

Steel City Tools

sapwood

New User
Roger
Clay,
Woodworker Supply in Graham is the North Carolina Distributor for Steel City Tools. I did a quick perusal of their website and they only have a few items in stock. 16" Drill press, 8" jointer, dust collector, 20" bandsaw. Apparently all the cabinet saws, small jointers, and bandsaws are out of stock. They have probably been sold, since I know that had a few more items when I checked last week.

HTH,
Roger

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
A guy I work with called these guys last week. He was quite impressed with them. I believe they came from Delta/Jet/Powermatic divisions. They claim that they are taking the good things that 'used' to be done there and applying them to this new line...and without adding the cost of the namebrand tools....fwiw...and they have a cool logo..haha

Chris

GeorgeL

New User
George
I had the opportunity to spend some time at Woodworks Supply a few weeks ago and took a very close look at the Steel City line. There was a factory rep there and he answered all my question. My first impression was the machines were simply re-badged Taiwanese clones. Boy I was wrong. The fit and finish on their machines is outstanding. They seem to have made subtle improvements to most of the major products like the cabinet saw and jointer. I did an close side-by-side comparison with an X5 Unisaw and quite frankly, there is no comparison. From casting thickness to powder coat finish, the Steel City 35623 blows the current Unisaw away. The SC fence is the smoothest fence I have ever seen. It glides like it was on rollers! The only feature I liked better on the Unisaw was the dust port location, but that is a personal preference. I’m in the final stages of selling my house (after a VERY long and painful year) and o far, this is the front runner for my new cabinet saw.

WoodCentral Articles & Reviews

George

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I've read on Knots that it's the same folks who made the Sears 22124. Canuk says that some of the PN's are the same. ORxxxxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS