Steel City bandsaw thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
i wish i could get my hands on one of their older band saw before they changed the tension trunnion.

Michael,
Take a hard look at the new 18" bandsaw Steel City put together. It is loaded with some very innovative features and I really like the design they are using for their blade tensioning mechanism.

D L

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Re: Q For Those Who Own or Sell Rikon

Thanks DL, I have seen a couple people talking about that company. I will have to see if I can find the web site. Thanks again for the heads up.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

i found the website, does anyone know of a supplier for them yet? Thanks for your help.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
thanks guys,,I am interested in their 18in band saw. and possibly their 20in planer. Thanks friends, god bless.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Hey Guys, I had previously read about Steel City, but saw their website for the first time today. http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/
It's going to be interesting to see how these tools are priced. I suspect that they are going to be more expensive than we have been accustomed to paying and I say that because the quality may be better than we are used to getting. I downloaded the users manual for the mortiser and was duly impressed. That's because, in the past, I've had the feeling the guy writing the manual had not seen the tool and English was a foreign language. Ever get that feeling?
That's about it, I now wait to see the tools.
Roy

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I sent them an email asking about distributors in NC and they sent me a couple of xls files showing current distributors and pricing. I will try and attach them for anyone who wants to see.

Mike

Attachments

• Steel City Current DistributorsListforCustomers.xls
    20 KB · Views: 156
  • Steel City Machinery MAP Price Just retails Revised 6-30-06.xls
    25 KB · Views: 147

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Thanks DL, I have seen a couple people talking about that company. I will have to see if I can find the web site. Thanks again for the heads up.

There was a note, in the laest issue of Fine Woodworking (October issue # 186), about the folks that put Steel City together. According to the blurb, former execs, sales folks, etc from some of the bogger conglomerates got together and plan to gain marketshare by "... producing an unmatched blend of innovation, value, and customer service." Well, if that's where they're going, they will get a serious look from me.

There was also a note that they will soon launch a website - www.steelcitytoolworks.com

Ray

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The bandsaws are heavy. Would be interesting to look one over. I wonder where they're manufactured?

Chuck

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Chuck,

Just a swag but I would put money on China as the country of origin. Possibly components made in Taiwan. I am interested in the 18" BS and would like to see one but until they get a distributor around here, I guess I will just have to settle for internet pics. DL and WG said they were impressed with the build quality of the saw.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS