Steel Beam move a success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

1st off a big thank you to Scott S, Phil S and Papa Smurf! :eek:ccasion1

Also Salem for finding the Craig's List post.

The beam is 24' long x 12" tall and weighs 624 LBS! It was no match for Scott's Skid steer and our big muscles!
The beam is hanging safely at Scotts until I get everything else I need put together and mounted in my shop. Then we will install it in my shop. I am hoping for this spring.

Here are a few pics.
IMG_27901.jpg

IMG_27911.jpg

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

Just in case Scott forgets why that beam is hanging up in his barn.
IMG_2801.JPG

eyekode

New User
Salem
Oh my, that is a huge beam!!! Great to see NCWW's helping each other out. Thanks for sharing the pictures too.
Salem

Rob

New User
Rob
I have one of those holding part of my deck up, they used a forklift to move it during my deck rebuild. Nice score.

T

toolferone

Great move and I'm curious as to how those trusses bear out!

Joe each end has a 4 x 4 spanning 2 trusses. The chain straddles the 4 x 4. It felt pretty solid. It is just for storage. No load will be put on the beam. This is just to store it at Scott's till I am ready for it.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done, I am glad it worked out. Why do I get the overwhelming urge to grunt like Tim "toolman" Taylor whenever I see pictures of a project involving Scott Smith? :rotflm:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Great job guys. :icon_thum

Glad the move went smoothly. My apologies for baling out at the last minute.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
It's always fun when a bunch of NCWW members get together to do a project, and today was no exception!

Great teamwork and camaraderie all around, and even better yet - nothing got bent or broken!:gar-La;

Tom, best of success to you on your beam project.

Steve, Phil - great to see y'all again! Thanks for pitching in and helping. Sure made things run smoothly.

Mark - you WIMP! The least that you could have done (since you bailed out...) was to give Tom your credit card number so you could have bought us breakfast.... :gar-La; :gar-La; :gar-La;

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS