Start of my new spray booth (Gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I picked this up Thursday night to build a spray booth. It's a lab fume hood and has a 1/2 hp explosion proof motor and sealed light.
The blower moves 700 FPM of air. Figured it was a good deal at $ 80.00

spray_booth_2.jpg

View image in gallery

Glennbear

Glenn
I disagree Brad :no:, at $80.00 that is not a good deal. that is an AWESOME deal !!! Congratulations :wsmile:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
That's a GREAT deal Brad. :eusa_danc I'm only running a 300 CFM fan for my spray booth and that changes the air about every six minutes. 700 would be outstanding. Can't wait to see pics of the finished booth.

Bill

MichaelCurtis

New User
Michael
Great deal! You suck!!

I wonder though if there is such a thing as TOO Much airflow for a spray booth? Suppose the draw was so strong that it literally sucked all the sprayed paint into the filter? Not that I think you're there yet. I'm just pondering out loud.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Brad,

I don't think it's such a good deal so I'll give you $150 for it to help you feel better.

bobby g

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Bobby, You could always get a new one like it. I looked it up online and they only sell for about $5500.

I most likely will have less then 700 cfm as I am reducing it from a 6" outlet to a 4" for the time being as a temporary setup until I actually get it set up completely. I am doing some small stuff in lacquer.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Finishing party at Brad's tonight! Bring all your sanded projects and a can of shellac/ lacquer/ varnish :rolf:

Nice score Brad, that is one heck of a deal! :tool:

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Re: Start of my new spray booth (UPDATE)

Thanks to Wayne's help I was able to get the spray booth up and working today. Glad because as you can see it's already in work and I have a lot of lacquer to spray and can't do it outside. Only down side is that I am finding out where all of the air leaks from outside around the windows and doors. Well guess I don't have to worry about it being sealed to tight, have plenty of air changes now.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Bobby, You could always get a new one like it. I looked it up online and they only sell for about $5500.

I most likely will have less then 700 cfm as I am reducing it from a 6" outlet to a 4" for the time being as a temporary setup until I actually get it set up completely. I am doing some small stuff in lacquer.
Question, by reducing the air flow- will it effect the amperage draw on the motor? I know that in some cases of ventilation work where there was not enough supply of return air creating a vacuum and increased the motor load. If that makes any sense. Steve

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I haven't noticed any difference. I could see that more on a dust collector where the fan intake size is being reduced. With this there is plenty of intake air and the blower is pushing it out rather than pulling it through a small opening. Only thing I have noticed by reducing it to 4" inches is outlet velocity is increased. The same principle as a jet engine. I'm sure the back pressure has been increased but not to a level that would be noticed.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Very nice gloat indeed. :icon_thum:icon_thum

I believe I saw a picture of you the other day while I was in the Post Office, so maybe it was too good of a deal!!! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS