Stanley #5½

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a Stanley #5½ with a 2⅜" blade. I have a #5½C, but stuff gets clogged in the corrugations. I wanted to see if anyone here has one for sale, before reaching out to Ed Lebetkin, or other tool dealers.

Last edited:

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Good luck finding one. They are reasonably hard to find. I have only seen two in the wild... and one was a Bedrock 605.5. I bought both but they are the only two I've ever seen.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good luck finding one. They are reasonably hard to find. I have only seen two in the wild... and one was a Bedrock 605.5. I bought both but they are the only two I've ever seen.
I thought that you would be the person most likely to have one.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
There is one in Virginia beach. Ain't cheap.

Vintage Stanley No. 3,4, And 5 1/2 Smooth Planes - $1 (Virginia Beach)

1599482928820.png

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just looked at eBay and.... Wow. I can't believe those prices.
Yesterday, a Type 18 went for $225 plus shipping. If I'm going to spend that much, I might as well wait for Lie-Nielsen to get them back in stock.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Matt, maybe one of our members from the VB area could pick up that plane I posted above and we could Pony Express it to you.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt, maybe one of our members from the VB area could pick up that plane I posted above and we could Pony Express it to you.
I didn't consider that. There are a couple on ebay that are better deals, for now, so I'll see how my luck goes with those first.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I cannot tell from that seller's description what he's selling. The way he phrased it I don't know if he's trying to say those are Smoothing planes, smooth bottomed planes or what. Without actually seeing (or asking) the 5 1/2 could be any variant.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS