Stanley 45 parts?

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I picked up an early #45 today but it's missing the front knob....anybody have one laying around they'd be willing to part with? It's in reasonably complete condition given it's age. I'd be willing to buy or trade if you need/want something that I may have.

1.jpg

2.jpg

20200208_180526.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
In the past there have been vendors at the MWTCA meeting in September at Ed Hobbs place in Raleigh. You could probably pick up some parts there.

nn4jw

Jim
Senior User
I usually buy old Stanley plane parts being sold on eBay by user nhplaneparts. Nice guy who has one of the highest ratings you'll find. I've restored a couple of 45s with parts from him.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I believe this to be a pre-1910ish example. It has the front knob on the fence rather than on the main skate. It uses a threaded knob rather than the usual knob and screw setup. I haven't seen any of the threaded type on eBay but I'll keep my eyes open.

BioAboreal

New User
Ben
Hey Chris, I actually just happen to have one of these planes, and mine in fact has the knob on it.

I could really use a table saw/ router power feed kit and would be willing to trade the whole plane for it.

Not sure if you have the groove/rounderover guides but I have those as well.

One of plow irons has a crack, and the smallest plow iron is bent. Everything else with this plane is good.
1581817838258.png

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS