Stanley 45 Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSuther

New User
Stan
Thought I'd post a photo or two of my new old Stanley 45 that I got at last weekend's meeting of the MWTCA at Bethania. It's in nice condition with a basic set of cutters and the original box and instructions. I already ran a test bead with one of the cutters, and it worked quite well. Been reading up on them to see how to get best performance. I know some people don't like them, but I think that is more an issue with 55's than 45's.
P10100225.JPG
P10100214.JPG

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Man that is a pristine example, you did well!

I wanted to go to that meeting, but I was in the middle of buying a house and forgot all about it.

Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
That deserves a big YOU ROCK!! in the requisite "envy green" color.:mrgreen:

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Go

SSuther

New User
Stan
Sorry that I didn't remind everyone. Looks like we'll have at least one meeting per year there. The ladies of the church made Moravian Chicken Pie for us. That alone was worth the trip. See my blog for Nov. 9 for a little writeup and a few photos. We'll also have a meeting in Waxhaw next spring along with the others in NC. Check out the MWTCA site here for the schedule (see Area Q).

Last edited:

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Stan
Congrats on the 45. That is a really cool looking plane. I have a question: could you make me a photo copy of the instruction manual? I have a much older 45 but don't have the manual. I will be glad to pay for the cost of coyping and mailing.
Thanks
Jim in Mayberry

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Congratulations! Did you by any chance get the cutters that go with your 45? Any suggestions on how to go about getting them? I got a 45 at a garage sale a couple years ago but did not get the cutters. Wasn't an issue until recently as I would like to put it to work on a project I have in mind.

SSuther

New User
Stan
Actually, when I got the 45, I did some surfing for "combination planes" and found several useful sites. One has a pdf of the manual here. Let me know if you have any problems opening this.

SSuther

New User
Stan
Mine came with a basic set of straight and beading cutters plus a sash cutter and a tongue cutter for tongue and groove as shown in the photo. I gather from what I've read that there were fancier sets available, like what I would call multi-beaders. I've seen some sets and individual cutters on ebay. There may be dealers out there that have them, too. There is a very active handtool (Neanderthal) crowd at www.sawmillcreek.org that you may want to check out and ask the folks there about sources.

Update- Just checked the site where Stan Faulllin has combo plane info, and he sells tools, too. He's got a basic set of straight cutters and a tongue cutter at www.tooltrip.com/tooltrip9/index.htm. It may be that if you contacted him, he could help you get a more complete set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS