Stanley #12 scraper blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hello friends,
I was wondering if you fine people knew of any place I could purchase a Stanley #12 scraper blade. I looked at the usual WW places on the net and the closest one was from LN using one of their #112 blades. It is is only 2 7/8" wide. The slot of the one I just purchased (stole it on ebay, without a blade though) 3 7/16" wide. Thanks for your help in advance friends, have a blessed day.

P.S. I am inserting a picture of this even though it is not in my possession.

Attachments

• #12.jpg
    #12.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 209

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Thanks George I am going to order a blade from them next payday. In the mean time I have an old craftsman saw that just volunteered for this I think. Anyone know the original thickness of the blade on a #12? Thanks for your help friends.

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice grab! You'll enjoy that No 12 for sure! I often switch out the blade from my No 80 cabinet scraper to use in my No 12.... just another idea to consider. No 80's can be had for pretty cheap.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
well after seeing what Monty posted I went through all of my hand tool parts and found a spair #80 blade. I will see how that works and will deffinately outsource from some of the suggested sellers and methods for a new blade. Thanks guys

sawman

New User
Albert
You can use a fairly thick card scraper, that is what I used in my #112 until I found an iron/blade for it. It does a great job and eliminates a lot of sanding making reference to the tool.
I like to use old tools for my woodworking it seems to make more enjoyable.
You must be the one who bid on the dusty/old #12 earlier this week.

Later,

Albert :saw:

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
that was me, it was in good shape and a decent price. Im looking forward to using it. Does it handle any better than a #80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS