Stand for the tablesaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Hi all. I upgraded my tablesaw stand to a shopmade one. I was unhappy with the set up I had with the standard metal base. I had tools hanging off the side and kept knocking the fences off of the right side with the shopvac, and the drawers were too small to be very usefull. Now I have two nice size drawers to hold dado blades and guide blocks for the miter gauge. The top part of the right side captures the dust. The top shelf on the left side is only 12" and closed in the back to hold the push sticks and rulers. The two shelves below are open on both sides to house add ons for the fence and whatever else. I think it was a nice use of the extra plywood I have lying around. Thanks for looking.

Paul

Attachments

• tablesaw before.JPG
    tablesaw before.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 164
  • tablesaw after.JPG
    tablesaw after.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 175

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Great job friend,
I bet its a bit more solid as well. and shoot better dust collection, whats not to like. Awesome job bro

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice job Paul! You have created a safer, more organized, and functional tool. I like it :icon_thum

Roger

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Thanks all. I followed up the new stand with a tune up today. Man was the saw in need of it too. The blade was less than 1/16 off track. The back side of one of the wings had dropped down. The front rail for the fence was out of whack which explains why it was hard to lock the fence with it was set for wide cuts. My pulleys were out of allignment and the pulley for the blade was missing its set screw. Luckily Lowes had the right size. What a difference a tune up makes. I was surprised at how easy doing a tune up on the tablesaw was though. I'm going to post a schedule in the shop for regular tasks from weekly on up. Maybe I'll be able to keep things in better order for now on. Tomorrow I have to finish my table I started.

Paul

T

toolferone

Great job! Look at all the storage space you created. I think anybody with a contractor style saw should build one.

sawman

New User
Albert
Paul, good use of extra plywood, and good ideas for unused space. I have a 1994 model Craftmans I bought used and enjoyed using it after a few upgrades. The fence had to be clamped in the back to prevent it from moving so I bought a Beismeyer for it and what a difference. I had a bad vibration problem with it, even after aligning the pulleys. I found out the pulleys are cast rather than machined and balanced and found an upgrade kit for it. The kit came with both pulleys and a twist belt, installed it and the vibration went away. Very satisfied with the upgrade. Now it sits in the corner and used as an extra saw since I upgraded to a Delta unisaw. I still need to sale it but it is still a good saw.

Later,
Albert, Al or whatever

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
:lol: I have the manuel and another good tablesaw book form Jim Tolpin. I believe I was just intimidated by all of the tasks to tune up a saw. Kind of figured I'd make things worse. :cry: Come to find out it was easy. I spent more time yesterday sharpening my lathe chisels and kitchen knives than working on the saw.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS