Stairs, my hardest project yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I am building a loft bed for my daughter. The room is small and I needed to build a set of stairs with a landing to get up to the bed. MAN! are stairs hard on the brain. Even with the help of a friend who has built stairs before we still made a few errors on the way. Here is a pic of the bottom set which came out great and are as strong as a ox.

loft%20stairs%20002.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice Tom! :icon_thum Man, I wish I would've had stairs to my bunk bed in the dorm. Quite a few injuries were incurred from that. :rotflm:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice job Tom :icon_thum I know what you are talking about on those stairs - can't do them either:nah:

gritz

New User
Robert
Nice job! I am building a set right now for my cabin.

Anyone considering this should look up Lapeyre Stairs. They are both space-saving and safe. I used them 25 years ago for my chirren's play areas which were located in the attic above their bedrooms with hydraulic trap doors.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Very nice Tom! :icon_thum Man, I wish I would've had stairs to my bunk bed in the dorm. Quite a few injuries were incurred from that. :rotflm:

Trent, can't believe your injuries were from getting INTO the bed.....
LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!!!! (bump. bump. bump. SLAM) ;) :D

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I think both Norm and Tom Silva mentioned this on TOH - that building stairs is one of the hardest things to do. True sign of a craftsman.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think both Norm and Tom Silva mentioned this on TOH - that building stairs is one of the hardest things to do.

Nice work. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up
The difficulty in stairs is that the layout is usually no more than 8th grade math with a little geometry thrown in. This usually trips up most people, as they perceive them to be so complex. Not only do you have to make so many precise cuts, you've got to get your layout spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS