Stair Tread ( 1in by 12 X 36) or 6ft, approx 48 bft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Happy New Year all!

Ripping up my old carpet, need stair tread ( hard pine fine, or whatever, most likely needs to be stained, to match floor).

Approx 48 bft ( 1 X 12 X 36, or 72).

Either where has the best deal or, submit PM or post with price avail contact info, etc.....

Thanks !

Splint

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
You can buy ready milled stair tread at the better lumber yards (not Lowes or Home Depot). It comes 1" thick, several widths, and 8-12' long in several kinds of wood. I've bought fir, red oak, and white oak stair tread over the years for various projects. They may be willing to cut it and sell any length you want, but I always bought the full lengths. You can also buy stair nosing, which is just the front edge, that you can attach yourself. This comes in 2-4" width and about 1" thick, also with a pre-rounded face edge. Here in my area I would go to Klutz Lumber in Concord, but I'm sure you can find a place that is closer to you. I don't know of any place that sells it already stained. Matching the new stair tread color and finish to what you already have will likely be your biggest challenge.

Charley

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
It's a shame you don't live up here. I have all the right tools to mill stair treads. If you bought the lumber I would mill for a growler of my local breweries Double India Pale Ale.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
In the Raleigh/Cary area you can check Capital City Lumber or Wurth Group Lumber (Off of Poole Rd).

Happy New Year Matt.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
In the Raleigh/Cary area you can check Capital City Lumber or Wurth Group Lumber (Off of Poole Rd).

Happy New Year Matt.
Thanks guys . Was hoping one of the NCWW folks would have something. Went to HD and they want more than $2 bdft, for hard pine in 4ft sections. Would be wasting 10 or more feet for overpriced wood.

Good to see some familar names ! Thanks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks guys . Was hoping one of the NCWW folks would have something. Went to HD and they want more than $2 bdft, for hard pine in 4ft sections. Would be wasting 10 or more feet for overpriced wood.

Good to see some familar names ! Thanks!

One other thought. Check with Scott Smith (scsmith42)

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt

Happy New Year Matt.

And the winner is.....Capital. cut to dimension, cheaper than HD, and didn't have to buy more than needed. HD only had 4ft boards, when all I needed was 3ft. Saved @ $40 or more .

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS