Stainless/Brass Decorative Engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwrx

New User
Bryan
I did some searches on the forums but didn't see this topic come up. I'm midway through on some outdoor Adirondack style chairs and the LOML asked if I could get some small decorative plates to attach to the chairs with each of our names engraved on each chair. Anybody have any ideas? My my fallback is to make some templates of our initials and get out the drehmel or wood burning.

I'll post the picture of the prototype that's complete soon.

Thanks -bryan

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would think that any trophy shop, or sporting goods store that carries trophies would be able to do the engraving. Or you could possibly make them yourself, at least in brass. You can get the plates at an arts/craft store and a set of stamping dies with the letters. Then just hammer away.

Dave:)

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Bro, don't laugh but the Things Remembered kiosk at Crabtree can do this. They have some tags there but will also engrave about anything you take to them. We had our plain brass door knocker engraved with our initial there several years back and they did a good job. Granted it's possible they've stopped doing outside items but you could call and ask.

Brian.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I used to make plaques like that when I was in the sign business. I couldn't afford one of the engravers so I did two other ways.

If just need one I would cut a rubber stencil and sandblast the brass, also worked well on stainless, glass, wood and almost anything.

If i needed several alike then I would silkscreen a resist and use a strong alkali solution to etch the brass.

Some folks kept coming back because they liked the look of my etching better than the machine cut engraving.

I don't have the equipment to do that kind of work anymore. Sometimes I think I would like to get back into custom work but I like my steady payday too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS