Square edge bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Hi all I have been trying to turn one of these buggers for 2 years fianaly to day made it all the way through. Some small cuts on the knuckles but all in all Me and the bowl are ok.:banana: not sure of the wood but the finish is blo/mineral sprits.

Thanks for looking
Mark

square_edge_bowl2.JPG

square_edge_bowl.JPG

HLW

New User
Harold
Nice work Mark ! I'm also turning one now and so far I still have my knuckles,hands and head. However,I'm not finished either. If mine turns out as nice as yours I'll post pictures and I hope with no knuckles embedded in it.:gar-Bi

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Mark! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It gets a little hairy where the round part meets the square part huh? :swoon:

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Thanks for the kind words . Yep thats where it do get harry I tried something different this time. I was at Chris's shor(CB BURLES) and watched him start a turning from the back to do the rounding so I tried it for thsquare bowl. I took mu CI easy rougher and did my cutoff lines so I wouldnt break the corners this time.
Again thanks for the kind words.

Mark

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
A tip given me this weekend when I did my first was to put a piece of tape on one of the edges or a chalk mark so it's more obvious.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Pretty slick work Mark
Looks great. that's one of those doesn't seem so bad to make things
right up until you try it yourself...
been there, tried that, knuckles still hurt
none of my attempts came out nearly as well :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors