Spray rig helper *w/pic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I got tired of trying to find a place to set my spray gun down and repeatedly kicking my pressure pot. I was watching a TV doctor show which gave me an idea- so ordered this. It is a standard IV pole. I got a new one on Ebay- it was cheaper than a used one from the local medical supply store. It is not real heavy duty but should do the trick. I'll put a barbel weight on the base if it needs it.

Spray-IV.JPG

nelsone

New User
Ed
Re: Spray rig helper

Good thinking! I love when a good idea works out. As long as you move the pole and not pull it by the hoses, it should work nicely!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great idea, Alan!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

Who says woodworkers can't improvise?

Wayne

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have got to get one of those.

Alan, I am assuming this is HVLP. Is this a conversion gun? How does the compressed air hook ups work using a pressure pot?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I have got to get one of those.

Alan, I am assuming this is HVLP. Is this a conversion gun? How does the compressed air hook ups work using a pressure pot?

This is a Binks Mach I HVLP conversion gun (an Ebay steal!!!). Air is just connected to the pot. Right now I adjust air to the gun at the wall since I don't have a mini regulator on the gun. The pot has a built-in regulator to keep it pressurized- I keep it set to around 6-7 psi. I like the pot- I can get the gun into smaller cabinets more easily and can oriented in any direction since there is no cup hanging from it that must be held upright.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Neat Alan!
But forget the barbells. How about an electric motor/drive assembly on the base and a remote control. :cool:

You can do it :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS