Spray-it SP-3100

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yesterday I broke the paint inlet nozzle on the lid to the cup while trying to change the spray nozzle. The inlet nozzle basically connects the cup to the gun. It is a threaded brass tube with an oversize flare on the gun side. California Air Tools sent a note today saying the only parts they sell for the gun is needle kits. A new gun is $60.

Any suggestions on parts or repairs or is it just not worth it?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might want to add a Devilbus D-Cup system which I think eliminates the part you broke

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I have guns like this, but can't quite tell what you broke. A pic would help.
I have added the DeKups (spelling?) adapters and liners (the system Phil noted above, and recommended to me), and so do not use the original paint cups. If you need one I have several; but I may be misunderstanding what you broke.
I ended up buying a second gun because I lost the flow control rep cap on my gun. I opened up the flow too far and cap came loose and flew over my shoulder. I never did find the spring or the red cap. So I have a parts gun already - maybe we can combine?

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is on the suction gun, not the gravity gun. It is the 'line' from the lid to the gun. The flare on the broken paint inlet nozzle captures the nut that attaches the lid to the gun. The other end of the inlet nozzle screws into the lid at the boss that the clamping ring turns on. The broken part should be at the remodel so it will be tomorrow before I can get a picture - if I remember where I put it. The inlet nozzle broke right at the boss of the lid. Had to remove the remnants with an easy out. Seems they used some really good thread putty.

The broken part is item 41 in the schematic. It threads into the cup lid (46).
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 8.22.50 PM.png

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Ok, mine is not the suction gun, so ignore previous posts
Do let us know if you can obtain parts, and how you do so. I would like to do so for my gravity cup gun.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
THanks Mike, not yet, but good reminder of that service.
I have no urgency on this because I bought another gun. However I am 2 parts away from having a full backup...

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the reminder. eReplacements did not recognize the terms California Air Tools, Spray-it, or SP-31000.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS