Spoon for my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
She wanted a spoon to take to college, we looked at K-mart but she couldn't find one like she wants. So, I asked her to describe her best ideal spoon.

This is it.

IMG_03724.JPG

14 inch OAL, 4 inch long bowl x 3 inch wide. Sapele

Another pic.

IMG_03742.JPG

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Very nice work bro. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It will remind her of you and home every time she uses it.

Brian.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, Mike!

Sure is a tremendous bit better than one would find at K-Mart!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum You have a very fortunate daughter and there is no doubt that she will be coming home with plenty of orders on her fist break.

Another labor of love right there!!!:wsmile:

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work, Mike. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm sure she will cherish it. :icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
14 inch OAL, 4 inch long bowl x 3 inch wide. Sapele

Rough shape cut out on band saw because I was in a big hurry.

Everything else done with spoke shave, spoon gouge and card scrapers.

Organic, cold pressed, flax oil finish.

four hours total time

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Nice smooth shape - Bowl not to thick - Fine finish - Great job !!! :icon_thum

>>Organic, cold pressed, flax oil finish.<<
I haven't heard of that one. Looks like a nice finish.
Does it dry in the wood or is it like mineral oil?

pete

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Nice spoon Mike. Funny I just cameback from a ride on the parkway we stopped at the crabtree falls snack/gift shop for a dring they had some tiny measuring spoons (wooden) 16.50 a flower scoop 25.99 suger scoop 29.95 ect none of them near this nice.
Thanks Mark

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very, very nice, Mike. I didn't notice any type of signature or marking on it. Do you sign your work? This is the type of treasure that will get passed down from generation to generation. It will be something to remember you by. :icon_thum

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
She knows who made it.

I agree that she knows who made it, but will your great-great-grandchildren know 150 years from now? I used to think it was vain to sign my work, but then my kids convinced me to start putting my name and the year I made it on my work. Their point was that while they knew who made it, and their kids may know who made it, that information may be lost after three or four generations of being passed down. So I started doing it. Of course, the flip side of that is now there are a few pieces out there with my name on them that I may not want to claim. :nah:

Just a thought, Mike.

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I really didn't have time today, she literally took it while the finish was drying. I do sign a lot of things, but not all.

Like I said when i make a nicer one for her I will sign it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS